10 Harrison Street
Classical KING FM 98.1 has been a major player in the arts and cultural communities of the Pacific Northwest since 1948. In 2011, KING FM became a non-profit, listener-supported station. This public radio operating model enables the station to better serve its 300,000 listeners and fulfill our mission to “actively grow, diversify, and enrich the love of Classical Music in our community by providing a Voice for Classical Music and the Arts.”
KING FM’s operating model depends on philanthropic support from the community. To help raise this support, KING FM is seeking a Development Coordinator with a pro-active style and ability to critically analyze and that can play an integral role as a member of the station’s development team.
The Development Coordinator will perform a variety of functions that ensures a positive donor experience, and supports the station’s fundraising goals. This position will play a key role in supporting the stewardship, cultivation and solicitation of the members of the KING FM Performance Circle ($1,000+ per year) and will also be cross-trained to support the fundraising efforts of the entire Development Department.
· Coordination and execution of donor stewardship activities
· Administrative support for the Performance Circle members solicitations (mailings, on-air messaging and online communications)
· Coordination and execution of donor events (8-10 a year)
- Administrative support, promotion plan and stewardship of prospective participants in the Travel Club
- Timely and professional response to inquiries made by donors, listeners, and co-workers.
- Participation as a member of KING FM’s fund drive team.
- Gift entry, on-air promotion scheduling and other work as needed to support the development team overall fundraising goals
- Participation in professional meetings and trainings to enhance professional competence.
- Monitoring, research, proposal coordination and stewardship of grant opportunities.
- Monthly renewal mailings and special appeal mailings for annual support
- Donor events, approximately 8 - 10 per year.
o Maintain event calendar and track expenses to budget.
o Use project management software to manage tasks, assignments, and deadlines.
o Maintain invite and response lists, mail invites, and implement strategies to drive attendance.
o Interface with graphic designer, printer, mail house, caterer, and other vendors, securing in-kind support where appropriate.
o Prepare materials for guests and speakers, staff, and other program participants.
o Be onsite point person to ensure smooth execution, positive guest experience, and problem solve.
- Donor stewardship activities.
o Produce gift acknowledgement letters that are timely, accurate, vibrant and donor-centered, and in compliance with IRS regulations.
o Coordinate and send electronic and print communications to major donors and prospects.
o Fulfill recognition and benefits for all Performance Circle donor levels.
- Recruits, trains and assigns tasks to volunteers to serve department needs (events, mailings, etc).
- Other duties as assigned in support of the membership team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and experience in nonprofit fundraising, with focus on individual giving, membership, and/or special events.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to coordinate multiple projects and discern priorities among competing interests; flexibility and adaptability to changing needs; proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; poised manner; ability to exercise discretion and judgement and professionally handle sensitive situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, research.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Ability to quickly learn new software, including databases to pull queries and create reports. Raiser’s Edge knowledge a plus.
- Affinity for working in a classical music and/or public radio broadcasting environment.
- Must be willing to work semi-regular evenings and occasional weekends. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and have a valid driver’s license.
Classical 98.1 is an equal opportunity employer
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, vision and dental coverage, Life and LTD, paid vacation, personal and sick time, and 401K matching.
Minimum Education Required