Details: Commensurate with experience.
5601 E Capitol St SE
The DC Scholars Community Schools Talent Team ensures that each of our network schools are staffed with high-quality, mission-driven teachers and leaders. As our schools continue to grow, we are seeking an strong Recruitment Coordinator to support our ability to find and attract high quality and high potential candidates to meet the evolving needs of our school teams. The ideal candidate for this role is a servant leader, highly motivated by relationship-building in an effort to meet the needs of our organization.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Management, the Recruitment Coordinator will ensure that our organization is meeting rigorous hiring targets by helping to develop, and lead on the execution of recruitment strategies.
NOTE: This is a full-time, temporary position for DC Scholars CS. For the right candidate, there may be an opportunity to transition into a permanent talent role.
Sourcing and Recruitment
- Execute a pipeline-building strategy to meet DC Scholars growing hiring needs.
- Conduct extensive research to actively source and cultivate diverse, high-quality instructional and non-instructional talent for anticipated openings and high-need positions.
- Execute cultivation strategies to keep the highest-potential prospects engaged in DC Scholars’ brand, work, and impact.
- Continuously build understanding of DC Scholars roles, teams, and strategic priorities in order to engage with prospects in a meaningful way.
- Make recommendations to the Talent Team about recruitment investments (e.g. posting packages, recruitment-related vendors, search firms, etc.) that align with DC Scholars’ goals.
- Manage external recruitment-related vendors (e.g. LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and/or partners and identify new vendors/partners that will help us meet our hiring targets.
- Leverage DC Scholars staff to cultivate prospects and support them in building their referral capacity.
- Build out reports and dashboards to measure recruiting performance and inform manager of recruitment successes and challenges.
Selection and Hiring
- Support candidates through all stages of the interview process, from application to offer.
- Work with Head of School and Director of Talent to ensure that DC Scholars is staffed with high-quality teachers and school leaders.
- Ensure that all hiring managers are equipped with the tools needed to meet hiring goals.
- Provide additional support as needed:
- Monitor and manage correspondence from recruitment team email inbox
- Create and run recruitment ads for social media; and
- Support special projects as assigned by Director of Talent.
- Support the Director of Talent with leading training for hiring managers and leaders to learn best practices.
- At least three years of relevant work experience, prior teaching experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional customer-service and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating digital and print marketing campaigns
- Knowledge and experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Applicant Tracking Systems (e.g. JazzHR) [preferred]
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate networks and build relationships
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- A positive, high-energy attitude, the ability to problem-solve, and a drive for excellence
- Passion for education reform and a commitment to close the opportunity gap between racial, ethnic, and economic groups
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. In your cover letter, please explain how you heard about DC Scholars Community Schools, your interest in the role, and your qualifications. Additionally, references should include your most recent direct manager/supervisor.