105 S Main Street
The Alliance for Pioneer Square is looking for a Public Realm Manager to work on public realm projects in the Pioneer Square Historic District. The position requires close collaboration with both Alliance team members and partnering organizations.
The Alliance for Pioneer Square is a 501-(c) (3) economic development organization. The mission of the Alliance is the betterment of Pioneer Square through advocacy, programming, marketing, and community action. The Alliance is comprised of neighborhood stakeholders, property and business owners, residents, and interested others. The Alliance administers the Pioneer Square Business Improvement Area.
- Manage projects for initiatives in the built environment and pedestrian realm, including construction coordination, parking supply management, and public realm improvements.
- Work collaboratively with communication staff and the entire Alliance team to ensure close coordination of projects and events. Conduct neighborhood outreach as needed.
- Lead efforts to monitor and report damaged streetscape elements and cleanliness issues.
- Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with a diversity of neighborhood stakeholders, public agencies, and vendors.
- Understand the regulatory environment of historic preservation and effectively advocate for Pioneer Square.
- Experience and passion for: landscape architecture, urban planning, business district revitalization, and/or related fields.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build solid relationships and support among stakeholders, a comfort level with advocating for success.
- Confident communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing skills.
- Superior project management skills and time management skills.
- Coalition-building skills, including the ability to motivate.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Map making skills a plus, but not required.
- Event management/support experience.
- A self-starter that demonstrates initiative, thoroughness, and willingness to learn.
- Tenacious and positive, with a “can do” attitude.
- Outgoing, friendly personality.
- Team player.
Minimum Education Required