The Museum Program Facilitator supports and implements the in-person (currently outdoor-only) and online programs of the Cayton Children’s Museum. This is a part-time, hourly position that reports to the Senior Director of Programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the planning, implementation, production and facilitation of art making sessions for children and families within the Museum’s outdoor Cayton Creators program, and of online content and programs including virtual school field trips and Cayton At Home.
· Prepare and distribute materials, supplies, and art kits for in-person and online Cayton Creators community programming, and virtual field trips.
· Serve as an ambassador for the Museum by greeting, orienting, engaging with, and providing information to guests and groups; remind guests of Museum policies when needed.
· Perform setup and breakdown duties for Cayton Creators, including routine checking, cleaning and preparation of props, equipment and materials.
· Support Program Manager on-duty and security in maintaining public health standards such as wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing.
· Other duties as needed.
· Experience in working with children, families and diverse audiences, including demonstrated skills in applying an inquiry approach and using open-ended questions to engage children.
· High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree and coursework in child development, early learning, art, STEM, and/or theater preferred.
· Fluency in multiple languages, a plus
· Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including comfort with public speaking and ability to clearly and diplomatically communicate with guests and other team members.
· Ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, including responding to emergency situations in a calm and comforting manner.
· Dependability, punctuality, and self-motivation.
· Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and jump in to do what it takes to get the job done.
· Interest in creative expression, art, experimentation and/or making things.
· Flexibility in scheduling with, at a minimum, the ability to work Wednesday and Saturday each week.
· Commitment to the mission, vision and values of ShareWell, Cayton Children’s Museum and youTHink.
The person in this position must be able to:
· Move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, storage shelves, etc.
· Move about to provide safe hands-on assistance to participants during in-person program activities.
· Lift up to 25 lbs and carry program supplies short distances from storage as needed.
· Make substantial movements (motions) of wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
· Stand for sustained periods of time while implementing programming.
· Carry out outdoor programming in various weather conditions.
· Speak loudly and hear others in noisy environments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a short cover letter and resume to JJohnson@caytonmuseum.org with the subject line “Museum Program Facilitator”.
Priority Application Deadline: October 30, 2020
Phone screenings and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis through final deadline (November 11, 2020)
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
At ShareWell, we are guided by a bold and ambitious vision: to nurture young people to become responsible community members with the ability to positively shape the world. Through experiential learning and the creative arts, we guide children, youth and families to work together toward justice and expanded possibility in their communities and beyond. Our vision is manifested through the Cayton Children’s Museum, where immersive play and values-based programming foster connection and creativity in young children. Purposeful play is then put into practice through youTHink, ShareWell’s youth development program that works with young people in their schools and communities to ignite activism through creative expression.
ShareWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, political affiliation, marital or family status, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.
The Museum Program Facilitator supports and implements the in-person (currently outdoor-only) and online programs of the Cayton Children’s Museum. This is a part-time, hourly position that reports to the Senior Director of Programming…
Bi-Lingual Spanish encouraged
Bi-Lingual Spanish encouraged