1395 Lexington Avenue
Reporting to the Director of Dance and Adult Programming, the Evening Event Coordinator will provide support for a variety of adult education events including talks and panels in the Food, Health and Wellness, Theater, Art & Ideas and “B-School” series, among others.
- Liaise with the Building Services and AV/IT departments to ensure that the event space is properly set up, in a timely manner, with all the required furniture, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Greet speakers and publicists upon arrival, answering any questions they have, reviewing the run of show, and providing hospitality before the event.
- Welcome patrons, managing the guest list with the box office as necessary.
- Introduce the speaker(s); provide support during the event, troubleshooting any issues that arise; manage Q&A sessions; and manage any book sales and signing, as appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison between the daytime Adult Education program staff and the evening speaker, publicists and patrons, updating the daytime staff regularly on any pertinent information or feedback.
- Assist with other administrative duties relating to the Adult Education programs upon request.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- Experience and interest in cultural and education programming
- Experience working in administrative capacity with keen attention to detail
- Prior experience in planning, coordinating and executing events, programs or classes highly desirable
Typical work schedule will be: Monday through Thursday, 6-9:30pm. Some flexibility in this regard will be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit a cover letter along with your resume.