Founded in 2001, Good+Foundation is a leading national nonprofit, with offices in New York City and Los Angeles, that works to dismantle multi-generational poverty by pairing tangible goods with innovative services for under-resourced fathers, mothers and caregivers, creating an upward trajectory for the whole family.
In 2010, Good+ expanded programming to intentionally include fathers, because the more we invest in fathers, the greater impact we see on children and families. Our Training Academy helps new social workers address their implicit biases and increase father engagement in their outreach, and we’ve become active in the policy arena through our partnership with Ascend at the Aspen Institute to reform the outdated child support system.
Under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Special Events + Major Donor Manager is responsible for all Good+ events across coasts as well as Major Individual Donors. This role has responsibility over operational, financial and administrative functions to ensure events are produced with quality and efficiency. The Good+Foundation development team will be responsible for raising $650,000 in event revenue in 2021 and approximately $2 million in 2022. Good+Foundation has not hosted an event since Summer 2019, and is currently poised to begin executing events again in late summer/early fall 2021, so this person will need to hit the ground running. They will also support board management and cultivate and grow giving from the NY Friends (associate board).
EVENT RESPONSIBILITIES (Approx 60% of time):
- Develops strategies and plans for all Good+ fundraising events (2-3 per year across coasts). Work with external event producers, when appropriate
- Examples include: a fall fundraiser at Central Park Zoo in October 2021, the Good+Foundation Benefit Gala in late winter/early spring 2022, and a potential luncheon in Los Angeles in late spring/early summer 2022
- Manages execution of all venue and vendor contracts.
- Secures insurance documents and appropriate city and venue permits for all Good+ events, when necessary.
- Closely tracks sponsor, package and ticket sales, and donations, updating revenue report (S&R) in real-time. Provide updates to key staff as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration on event bookkeeping, ensuring timely payment to vendors.
- Oversees budgets and expenses and tracks financials in real-time for all Good+ events across coasts. Reconcile all expenses and income with accounting post-event.
- Works closely with the Corporate Giving Director to build attractive sponsorship packages based on exposure and marketing opportunities.
- Ensures timely execution and delivery of all sponsor benefits for Good+ events, with direction from the Corporate Giving Director.
- Manages day-to-day communications and event logistics with sponsors once they have been secured for all Good+ events.
- Trains and educates staff and volunteers on event procedures, run of show and roles and responsibilities.
- Analyzes event performance and prepares post-event reports and metrics.
- Prepares and distributes all event tax donation letters within 30 days of the event.
DEVELOPMENT AND FUNDRAISING (Approx 30% of time):
- Supports the organization in meeting its fundraising goals with responsibility for major donor giving.
- Drafts and executes all tax donation letters for G+Board of Directors and NY Friends.
- Provides support for other organizational fundraising efforts where needed
LEADERSHIP GROUP SUPPORT (Approx 10% of time):
- Supports executive staff on management of key individual donor groups.
- Works closely with CEO to track board give/get and support plans for 100% board participation
- Manages coordination and execution of quarterly board meetings and committee meetings, including preparing agenda and board packets, mailing to board members and recording minutes.
- Manage the NY Friends group (associate board)
- Day-to-day communications, tracking engagement, preparing agendas and recording minutes for meetings.
- Implements engagement strategy for NY Friends with monthly and quarterly touchpoints and quarterly campaigns developed with the program team.
- Develops strategy and plan to secure 100% NY Friends participation.
- A minimum of three years professional experience managing fundraising events
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects, timelines, and deadlines
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-departmentally, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite of products, video conferencing platforms
- Ability to write quickly and with excellent grammar
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with customer relationship management software (CRM)
Note: While most Good+Foundation staff are currently working remotely, this role will be expected to be onsite in the NY office when it reopens this fall.