The Alliance of Community Assistance Ministries (ACAM) seeks to hire a contract Project Manager on behalf of the Greater Houston Opportunity Youth Collaborative (GHOYC) to oversee the launch and successful implementation of two scaling strategies to reengage Opportunity Youth (“OY”, 16 – 24-year-olds who are not in school and not working) into post-secondary education, vocational education, or employment opportunities. The Project Manager would be housed at ACAM, described in the “Background” section below.
RECONNECTION STRATEGY #1: Facilitate recruitment, career bridge programming (including support services), and training for recent high school graduates who did not transition to higher education, employment or the military. The goal is for participants to enroll in a post-secondary workforce or academic program with a clear pathway to employment upon graduation.
RECONNECTION STRATEGY #2: Cultivate employer partnerships for entry level roles in hospital systems with advancement opportunities. The target population is high school graduates who have indicated an interest in a healthcare career but are not enrolled in postsecondary education or are working in healthcare.
The Project Manager will:
· Regularly convene representatives of the various nonprofit organizations and local government systems involved in the aforementioned strategies to set goals, coordinate workflows, identify and overcome barriers
· Liaise with the GHOYC (described below) to facilitate learning by co-creating meeting agendas, providing progress reports on the strategies, and leveraging resources; collaborate with others to integrate findings from the youth advisory council into program planning
· Work with advisory group members, consultants, and others to develop a fundraising strategy; proactively communicate to support relationship building, prospect meetings, and proposals; write and submit proposals as needed
· Perform daily grant activities including but not limited to regular communications with grantor(s), negotiating contracts with providers/evaluator, recruiting staff for hire (if applicable), and completing required reports
· Organize professional development opportunities for participants centered on national best practices for serving OY
· Develop and implement project budgets, timelines, and progress toward project targets
· Work collaboratively with an outside marketing consultant to facilitate the creation of material (youth videos, quotes, etc.) for a promotional campaign on OY
The preferred candidate will possess:
· A master’s degree (Candidates with a bachelor’s degree will also be considered.)
· Minimum 7–10 years’ work experience in related role
· Experience with Opportunity Youth, workforce development, or other youth and/or employment programs
· Experience working with Microsoft applications (particularly excel), google docs, project management tools; ability to learn new tools quickly and independently
· Experience in virtual project management
· Demonstrated fundraising experience
· Experience working in collaborative environments and a commitment to improving conditions for economically disadvantaged youth and communities of color
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with facilitation skills
· Ability to develop and maintain nuanced partnerships and experience in developing cross-sector collaborations
· Necessary planning skills to translate overarching strategies into tangible work with direct service partners
· Passion for helping young adults achieve their potential and goals
· Flexibility and willingness to achieve goals and produce deliverables outside “normal” working hours (The role will have some evening and weekend commitments.)
· Candidate should be a detail oriented, team player with high-energy and demonstrated initiative
· Candidate must be based within Greater Houston and have access to reliable transportation in order to travel throughout region when required
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including medical, dental/vision, and pension.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Joshua Kulak, Resource and Program Development Director, Alliance of Community Assistance Ministries, email@example.com.
About the Greater Houston Opportunity Youth Collaborative (GHOYC)
The overarching goal of the GHOYC is to build a powerful ecosystem of pathways for and with Opportunity Youth (“OY”) that enable them to accelerate to in-demand careers and lifelong learning and civic engagement. The GHOYC is an expansion of the Bridge to College and Career Success (BCCS) Advisory Board which includes representatives from local youth-serving CBOs, community colleges, the regional workforce board, economic development organizations, and multiple industry groups and employers, in addition to previously unengaged young leaders, municipal leaders, additional CBOs, and employers. At the end of 2020, participation in the GHOYC included, among dozens of others, the City of Houston, HISD, the Greater Houston Partnership, Eight Million Stories, BakerRipley, JPMorgan Chase, United Way of Greater Houston, and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Alliance of Community Assistance Ministries (ACAM) served as the fiscal management partner and organizational facilitator for the Greater Houston Opportunity Youth Collaborative’s Scaling Pathways for Opportunity Youth 2020 planning grant provided through the Aspen Institute. A coordinating team that includes ACAM, the Harris County Department of Education, and the Gulf Coast Workforce Board formed to oversee the Aspen planning grant. This coordinating team is guiding the development of the GHOYC. ACAM will continue to act as fiscal management partner and organizational facilitator for the planning and formation of Houston’s OY intermediary organization.
ACAM is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit management support organization (MSO) that assists a network of community assistance ministry nonprofits (the ACAM Network) with improving their organizational and program effectiveness. ACAM has a challenging role with responsibilities to two sets of clients: the nonprofits to which ACAM provides organizational development assistance and the funding community, which expects measurable results from their investment in these programs. As one of its program activities, ACAM offers Management Support to organizations and networks outside of its Network.
ACAM is an innovative, connected network of assistance organizations focused on ensuring that families in need have a path to stability, health, and wealth. With a reputation for transparency and high performance, ACAM develops initiatives that foster evaluation and build a learning community; aligns and garners talent and resources to support the expanding reach of the network; generates technology and data-driven solutions with the network; strategically supports network partners who are premier and expert providers of basic needs and homelessness prevention services; and connects partners to other sectors critical to the performance of the regional safety net.
The Alliance of Community Assistance Ministries (ACAM) seeks to hire a contract Project Manager on behalf of the Greater Houston Opportunity Youth Collaborative (GHOYC) to oversee the launch and successful implementation of two scaling…
Medical, dental/vision, and pension
Medical, dental/vision, and pension