We are looking for a dynamic professional to fill the position of Senior Associate, Contracts Administration with the CGIAR System Organization. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to a world free of poverty, hunger and environmental degradation.
Who We Are
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector.
These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries. Established in 2016, the CGIAR System Organization provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of
harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
Please find more information about CGIAR at www.cgiar.org
Summary of the Position
A key member of the Financial Services & ICT unit, the role supports the following key areas:
• Administering internal controls that facilitate an efficient & effective procurement cycle
• Managing the RFP processes and procurement contract administration
• Collecting, updating and organizing all procurement data, entering it into relevant information and project management systems and/or databases
• Serving as the liaison between internal and external stakeholders during contract negotiation and development
Qualifications, Experience & Competences
This position requires skilled and experienced procurement professional with an analytical mind and a strong capacity for collecting and organizing information and guiding procurement activities in support of the achievement of the Organization’s mission and objectives. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills are paramount for coordinating procurement activities across multiple functions while ensuring strict adherence to organizational policies, guidelines, and procedures.
To apply for this position, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
• University degree in Business Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Financial Management, or equivalent discipline
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position involving procurement and/or contracting
• Fluency in English. Intermediate knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including spreadsheets and databases
• Strong numeracy skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of globally accepted procurement practices and relevant legal requirements
• Professionalism and strong ability to develop positive relationships with suppliers, service providers, and consultants
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The selected candidate will be employed by the CGIAR System Organization. Appointments are typically for a fixed term of 3 years, with a possibility of renewal subject to the System Organization’s needs and funding.
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with a favorable taxation arrangement in France, and comprehensive employee benefits comprising extensive insurance coverage, a retirement plan and relocation support where applicable.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and CV in English and as separate PDF attachments; ensuring that neither document contains your marital status, age or photograph.
Note: All received applications will be acknowledged; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.