Health & Safety Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, the Health and Safety Coordinator is a critical position for the functioning of the network and our three schools as we plan for re-entry and recovery during the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years. The Health and Safety Coordinator works closely with school leadership teams and the Director of Operations. The Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for supporting Two Rivers’ continuous compliance with all aspects of the school’s reopening plan and ensuring students, families, and staff are following Two Rivers’ health and safety protocols related to COVID-19.
Network COVID Safety Coordination & Planning
- Support efforts to refine and implement the school’s COVID safety protocols for re-entry and recovery.
- This will include, but not be limited to: building access controls (arrival and dismissal), classroom setup, transitions through the building, meal service, cleaning, COVID testing, isolation room management, contact tracing, and communications.
- Review current guidance from DC Department of Health (DC Health) and the DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) regarding school reopening and revise Two Rivers policies and practices, as needed.
- Identify gaps and support efforts to ensure all mandatory reopening requirements are met.
- Assist in quantifying and communicating trade-offs between risk mitigation measures and access to in-person learning.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations to ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE), cleaning supplies, and other relevant inventory is ordered and maintained.
Building Protocols and Safety
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations and the three school principals to ensure student schedules comply with safety plans.
- Coordinate along with the COVID Monitors arrival time student symptoms identification health check.
- Propose and verify that all necessary safety signage is in place
- Work with COVID Monitors to ensure everyone in the building follows mask wearing, social distancing and hygiene protocols.
- Provide necessary COVID safety training sessions and materials for all staff, as assigned.
COVID Testing Oversight & Management
- Manage implementation of asymptomatic COVID-19 testing of students and staff as determined by Two Rivers.
- Develop and implement systematic COVID-19 testing protocols, managing vendor requirements and operational logistics.
- Support Director of COVID Re-entry Operations in verifying all students tested meet eligibility for testing.
- Support response to any reports of symptomatic students or staff, including use of isolation rooms.
- Support reporting of positive cases to DC Health and implementation of contact tracing.
- Help coordinate with school leadership teams to implement communications protocols related to COVID-19 incidents.
Staff at Two Rivers are part of an energetic and caring team devoted to creating an incredible school. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities and respond quickly as priorities change.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to develop and contribute to a community of educators
- Flexibility, commitment, and enthusiasm
- Strong time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree, highly preferred with relevant experience working in schools operations or student support teams or experience working in healthcare settings.