Details: For more information about AmeriCorps, please see: https://www.nationalservice.gov/
Across Arlington and Fairfax County
SERVE WITH AMERICORPS AND IMPACT THE LIVES OF IMMIGRANT YOUTH IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA!
Applications are now being accepted for Emerging Leader Program (ELP) Facilitators, Parent Support/Workforce Development Facilitators, Robotics Club Facilitators and a Volunteer Coordinator! All positions are through AmeriCorps, which is a year-long national service program starting on September 4, 2018 and ending on August 30, 2019.
To learn more about each position, please see the links below:
AmeriCorps Emerging Leaders Program Facilitator: http://www.edu-futuro.org/americorps-elp-facilitator-position-description
AmeriCorps STEM Robotics Club Facilitator: http://www.edu-futuro.org/americorps-stem-position-description
AmeriCorps Workforce Development and Parent Support Facilitator: http://www.edu-futuro.org/workforceparentsupport
AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator: http://www.edu-futuro.org/americorps-volunteer-coordinator-position
AmeriCorps General Responsibilities
This AmeriCorps program called Moving Forward! is a partnership between CASA de Virginia (CASA), and Edu-Futuro, established to deliver comprehensive services of citizenship support, financial literacy education, connection to health/social services, and youth leadership development in Northern Virginia.
Members work together on planning community service and other events and participate in regular team activities (meetings, training, reporting, and evaluation activities). They are also responsible for promoting AmeriCorps throughout their service.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ELIGIBILITY
• Available full-time (1700 hours; approx. 36 hours/week) from on or about September 4, 2018 to on or about August 30, 2019.
• Must be able to serve some evenings and Saturdays.
• U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Passionate about teaching/mentoring as well as serving the immigrant community.
• Excellent English & interpersonal skills.
• Foreign language proficiency a plus.
• Access to a car required. Service activities are conducted throughout Arlington and Fairfax counties.
- $13,000 annual taxable stipend + FICA.
- Local travel reimbursement for service-related activities.
- Health insurance.
- $25 monthly cellphone stipend.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award which can be used towards student loans and/or to help finance higher education pursuits upon successful completion of service.
- Student loan forbearance or deferment.
- Gain skills and valuable experience to prepare you for a career after-service.
- A great work environment.
- Make an impact in under-served communities!
Level of Language Proficiency
Workforce Development and Parent Support Facilitators
- Spanish Language Proficiency Required
All other positions
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Paola Sandoval-Moshenberg, Program Director at email@example.com. Upon receipt, additional application materials will be sent to eligible applicants. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.