Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
The Finance Specialist provides specialized finance services to the Global Strategy teams that include colleagues and partners around the world. The Finance Specialist will provide support on all financial operations for geographically dispersed teams with specific focus on day-to-day transactional support, monitoring and reporting multiple budget to actuals, and other support for our private grant management and annual budgets position. They will work closely with project managers as well as Legal and Finance colleagues at the Conservancy. This position is part of Provide Food and Water Global Strategy team.
The Finance Specialist provides specialized accounting services to support financial management and reporting with in particular emphasis on grant and private award administration, for Global Strategy teams. They expeditiously, accurately, and courteously responds to and/or routes various inquiries from internal and external customers. They have a high level of expertise in day-to-day transaction review, coding accuracy, generating custom reports, often with pivot tables, as well as serving as an integral point of contact with global strategies’ team members and internal partners worldwide. This individual will provide financial support and assistance to Conservation Managers related to grants, and private award management. They will prepare and monitor award expenses, donor requirements, prepare award reconciliation and properly close out awards in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
· Coordinates and monitors grant and private awards for compliance and provides accurate accounting to conservation staff and internal partners.
· Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
· Reinforces consistency in the organization's policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
· Responsible for preparing, communicating, verifying, and properly invoicing transaction level data for multiple concurrent private awards in the project cost and billing sub-leger of the enterprise accounting system.
· Works in multiple financial systems and relational databases.
· Coordinates and tracks all aspects of award management in conjunction with the private award team process and procedure.
· Prepares and processes transactional accounting forms such as journal entries, expense reclasses and cash receipts related to private awards.
· Prepares donor and management financial reports and materials.
· Closely monitors private award expense to budget over the grant period aligned with fiscal year.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 3 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
• Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
• Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports and financial management tools.
• Experience with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
• Experience, coursework or other training with applicable U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133), state and local regulations, and standard contract clauses.
• Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
• Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Non-profit accounting experience.
• May require technical expertise on complex accounting/financial issues.
• Grant management experience preferred.
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s…
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. The deadline for this application is May 28th 2021 11:59 EST. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. The deadline for this application is May 28th 2021 11:59 EST. If you experience technical…