75 Arlington Street
Title: Front Office Coordinator
Department: Strategy and Operations
Reports To: Senior Manager, Facility and Events Operations
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt FTE: 1
The Front Office Coordinator will relay incoming and interoffice calls, handle incoming mail and provide a welcoming environment. This position supports the Operations team by processing invoices, overseeing furniture set up for events and assists with event logistics and needs as directed.
- Responsible for punctual daily opening and/or closing of office, including phone system;
- Answers and directs incoming calls on switchboard;
- Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs, and directs them to the proper person, conference room, and/or office;
- Serves as back up to Operations Coordinator in overseeing Foundation’s conference center; handles day to day group needs when necessary;
- Assists with event set up ensuring proper furniture placement and other event logistics;
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail;
- Keeps front desk, reception area, and front conference rooms neat and organized;
- Updates the Foundation’s extension listing for all staff in a timely manner;
- Maintains and updates front desk resource book;
- Places work order requests to building management;
- Sets up new hires using new hire checklist;
- Provides Audio Visual assistance and space management to internal and external groups;
- Records TBF holiday messages on main voicemail line and makes sure that the correct message is playing;
- Oversees event-related invoices, including American Express expense account;
- Arranges for courier service for entire staff; and
- Trains temporary receptionists and new administrative staff that will act as relief as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- 1-3 years related work experience in a professional environment;
- High School or G.E.D completion required.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Courteous, efficient telephone manner;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with others in person or on the telephone;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Audio Visual skills preferred;
- Experience answering multi-line telephone system and fielding calls;
- Exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload;
- Ability to collaboratively work;
- Ability to critically assess situations and find solutions;
- Ability to receive feedback in a positive manner;
- Participative work style;
- Professional interpersonal style; and
- Ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands: examples below
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to work at a PC/desktop for long periods; and
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds regularly, 15-20 occasionally.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted online.
Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select Front Office Coordinator to complete our online application process.
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.