104 West 29th Street
AS THE WORLD’S LARGEST LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER, AND QUEER (LGBTQ) MEDIA ADVOCACY ORGANIZATION, GLAAD is at the forefront of accelerating acceptance to ensure fair, accurate, and inclusive representation that leads to cultural change.
Founded in 1985, GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBTQ acceptance. As a dynamic media force, GLAAD tackles tough issues to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change.
GLAAD operates with support from foundations, corporations and individuals from every corner of the United States. We have a highly skilled and actively engaged staff of more than 50, and an annual operating budget in excess of 11 million dollars.
We are in the process of moving our financial functions from our Los Angeles office to our office in New York. Reporting into the Assistant Controller, the Finance Manger is a critically important role, responsible for the smooth and timely processing of financial transactions and the optimal functioning of pivotal financial systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand GLAAD, including its mission, values, key stakeholders, programs, and finances.
- Manage financial transactions, interfacing with staff, consultants and vendors across the organization.
- Manage accounts payable, corporate credit card accounts, and employee benefit accounts.
- Generate daily cash reports and monthly general journal entries.
- Annual preparation of IRS 1099 and 1096 forms
- Preparation of required schedules for annual audit and IRS Form 990.
- Liaise with banks and outsourced payroll, benefits and 403b providers.
- Generate periodic and ad-hoc financial reports on budget, program and event performance, as well as cash flow and budgets to accompany institutional funding requests.
- Design and prepare requested ad-hoc financial analysis to inform decision making across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree and three to five years accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the accounting cycle from transaction origination, through trial balance.
• Knowledge of financial systems for internal controls and separation of duties.
• Experience with computer-based non-profit accounting systems. Knowledge of Abila MIP a plus.
The Ideal Candidate will possess
• Strong commitment to GLAAD’s the mission and vision.
• An orientation toward internal customer service, and the ability to communicate effectively and concisely with non-financial staff.
• Superior quantitative skills and extraordinary attention to detail.
• A proven ability to work collaboratively and thoughtfully as part of a committed, integrated team.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems, work independently, and excel in a high performance culture.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining disciplined adherence to goals.
• Irrepressible enthusiasm and optimism.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits include fully paid employee medical/dental/vision coverage, 403b contribution escalating vacation beginning with three weeks+; paid sick, personal days and holidays; flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life and long-term disability insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please send resume and a thoughtful cover letter to jobs@Glaad.org, indicating “Finance Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with GLAAD. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
· US work authorization and the ability to pass both financial and criminal background check.
· GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits for this position.