720 Livonia Avenue
The Science Teacher instructs Middle School students in various scientific topics through hands on experimental activities. Through excellent communication, organizational skills and great energy the Science Teacher supports the academic and personal growth of our students, while making sure all students are successful and develop strong characters. The Science Teacher will make sure the students understand the school wide expectations and policies while consistently asking the students to follow the outlined expectations for common areas with in the school. In addition, the Science Teacher supports staff in the scheduled arrival, mealtime and dismissal duties.
• Encourage student to learn about scientific topics through hands-on, experimental activities
• Provide students with a report card each quarter for performance and behavior
• Submit lessons plan on a weekly basis
• Plan, organize and execute annual
• Plan lessons and manage classroom in an inspiring, rigorous and urgent way
• Plan, organize and replenish lesson plans for substitute teachers in case of absence
• Meet all test and data and reporting deadlines
• Maintain anecdotal and formal evaluative records (checklists, anecdotal notes, quiz/test, etc.
• Integrate core subjects such as Math and ELA, but remains focused on new technological techniques
• Participate actively in weekly grade level team planning meeting by planning units of study and weekly lessons collaboratively with team teacher(s), specialist and administrators
• Attend all faculty meetings
• Attend the annual Hyde 101 Training
• Demonstrated success working in an urban school setting
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• A Master’s degree in Education or relevant content area (preferred)
• New York State Certification (preferred)
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 401K, Paid Time Off, Summers off with pay.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply Click Here