Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking a knowledgeable and caring individual with excellent management, donor communication, and fundraising strategy experience to work in our Los Angeles Headquarters as our Director, Individual Giving. This is a remarkable opportunity for the right individual who is committed to reproductive rights and healthcare in the Los Angeles community. Remote options available.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director, Individual Giving is responsible for raising more than $4 million annually through the planning and implementation of a comprehensive program to obtain unrestricted gifts from individuals through the mid-level Friends By Choice program, Direct Response, Planned Giving, and other fundraising initiatives. In addition, the Director will carry a portfolio of prospects and donors in the $1,000 to $25,000 range.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 56+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
All employees of PPLA are defined as Healthcare Workers by current Public Health Orders and are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have an approved medical or religious exemption on file by September 30, 2021. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption must be submitted in order to be eligible for employment consideration.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience required
- Minimum five (5) years’ successful fundraising experience in a health care, social services, or higher education non-profit organization
- Proven track record in designing fundraising programs and generating revenue from low-dollar ($1-999) mid-level ($1,000-24,999) donors
- Knowledge of direct mail required
- Successful experience managing a minimum of 2 staff is required
- Proven success in soliciting gifts through face-to-face solicitation. Must have proven success in closing of 4- to 6-figure gifts and be able to manage a substantial donor portfolio
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel); experience with Raiser’s Edge (or similar database) and data/list management desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with donors, board members, prospects, volunteers, and other staff
- Ability and willingness to travel within Los Angeles County
- Reliable means of transportation for onsite and off-site work
About the position:
- Under the direction of the Senior Director, Development, plan, implement, and oversee PPLA's annual Individual Giving programs (gifts of $1-24,999) including Direct Response, mid-level giving Friends by Choice program, Online Giving, Patient and Employee Giving, Matching Gifts, Planned Giving, and other revenue streams
- Develop strategy, track progress, and evaluate metrics on all Individual Giving programs to increase revenue, warm donors, and build a pipeline to major gifts
- Oversee cultivation and solicitation of the mid-level annual fund donor segment identified for the Move the Middle Initiative ($500-5,000)
- Carry a portfolio of mid-level donors and prospects, moving through the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship stages as appropriate. Mentor direct reports in donor outreach
- Develop strategy for all Individual Giving solicitation communications, including working with direct reports on messaging and segmenting of mailing lists. Partner with communications staff to develop donor-centric content. Mentor direct reports in best practices for mail and online fundraising program management
- Supervise, mentor, and coach PPLA’s Individual Giving team including but not limited to Individual Giving Coordinator; Individual and Planned Giving Manager; Senior Manager, Friends by Choice
- Oversee the Planned Giving program, including confirming gift intentions, stewarding Legacy Circle members, creating collateral, and soliciting planned gifts
- Work collaboratively with the Donor Relations and Stewardship (DRS) team to create engagement opportunities for donors and prospects, including health center tours, donor appreciation receptions, and any additional events to be added. Collaborate on content for donor stewardship communications such as newsletters and the annual report
- Work collaboratively with the Development Operations Team to ensure proper gift entry and coding, and to pull accurate mailing and prospect lists from The Raiser’s Edge database
- Manage Individual Giving expense budgets and revenue projections. Write monthly reports on Individual Giving programs and projects
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation. PPLA will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the requirements of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.