445 Park Avenue
The Child Mind Institute is recruiting a clinical psychologist for its ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center, one of four programs that comprise the rapidly expanding Child Mind Medical Practice. The Center provides cutting edge, evidence-based treatment options for children and adolescents suffering from a range of behavioral and attention-related concerns. Clinicians in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center regularly provide behavioral parent training interventions, school-based behavioral consultation, and cognitive behavioral therapy. Innovative programs housed within the Center include our 4-week Summer Program, a 1-day intensive behavioral skills training program called BEST, and pilot work on intensive behavioral parent training interventions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in these programs and to contribute to a dynamic, collaborative team.
Reporting to the Senior Director, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center, this is an exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters.
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and treatment to children and adolescents with behavioral problems, particularly patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), other disruptive behavior disorders (DBDs) as well as comorbid anxiety and mood disorders.
- Provide empirically supported cognitive behavioral or behavioral parent training interventions for children and adolescents with externalizing disorders.
- Conduct family-based interventions with parents and other family members, and maintain collateral contacts with educators and other providers.
- Collaborate with our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists on cases requiring pharmacotherapy.
- Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees and make presentations on ADHD and behavior disorders for community outreach efforts.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Senior Director, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center.
- New York State psychology license
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical psychology
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated clinical skill, training, and expertise in at least one evidence-based intervention for externalizing disorders with an interest in learning additional interventions
- Demonstrated experience in working clinically with complex comorbid presentations including mood, anxiety, and autism spectrum disorders
- Prior experience supervising and training psychology trainees at various levels
- Demonstrated experience with professional writing as well as with public speaking
- Flexibility in work hours to meet productivity goals and deadlines
- Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Motivated self-starter with great attitude, flexibility, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork ethic; positive, flexible attitude; ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities
- Passion for the Child Mind Institute mission
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter.