347 7th Avenue
THE LEAGUE OF YOUNG INVENTORS is a new educational nonprofit working on an innovative STEAM program for children in Kindergarten through 9th grade. Our after-school and summer programs take children on an exciting journey to unlock the mystery and magic behind how things work. We spark kids creativity through hands-on exploration, exciting engineering projects and engaging discussions about real world problems. As the LoYI continues to grow, we are looking for talented educators to help bring our interdisciplinary curriculum to life.
Specifically, this educator should be:
- A maker/builder/crafter who enjoys sharing their talents with kids
- Experienced with facilitating hands-on projects with K-8th grades
- Excellent at managing multiple student projects and personalities at once
- Curiously minded and interested in Science and Engineering
- Help lead 2 to 3 hour-long sessions, 2 to 5 days per week
- Come prepared by thoroughly reading through and internalizing each lesson plan
- Tinker with any design challenge prior to facilitating with the students
The classes are generally held Monday through Friday after school and weekends. Weekday class will require the teacher to be available from 2:30 to 6:45 PM on class days. There is potential to turn this position into a close to full-time position by adding additional hours during school hours, weekend, school vacations, and summer.
Level of Language Proficiency
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- At least one year of teaching experience (leading hands-on activities in a classroom, after school program, day camp, etc)
- Punctual and reliable
Minimum Education Required