Responsible for administering the pre- and some post-award activities for the LRA’s portfolio of grants. Ensure proper due diligence and full compliance with LRA’s policies. Work effectively and professionally with LRA grantees and their administrators. Understand the Organization, activities, operations, policies, and procedures to perform all duties. The Grants Coordinator must foster good working relationships, both internally and externally.
General Grant Administration
· Work closely with Program Managers to ensure proper administration at both the pre and post award phases of grant administration.
· Aid in defining, creating, organizing and updating program policies and processes.
· Identify grant management system issues and/or areas of improvement and work with internal and external system administration staff to problem solve.
· Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
· Prepare and disseminate Request for Applications and other LRA funding notices.
· Draft grant award letters, contracts and other correspondence.
· Communicate with grant applicants on the process of proposal and report submissions, answer routine inquiries from grant seekers/grantees.
· Maintain and update grantmaking forms, including correspondence and reporting templates and online grant applications.
· Assist program managers with administrative duties during grant review process.
· Process reporting requirements, extensions, and all necessary correspondence.
· Oversee the grant deliverables reminders, submissions and review processes.
· Generate and prepare data for reports, portfolio analyses and other documents as required.
· Communicate with grant recipients to obtain grant-related information.
· Respond to general grants related questions on a timely basis.
Credentials & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (such as business administration, accounting, grants management).
· 4+ years experience in the non-profit sector, specifically with grants management.
· Experience in administration and management of biomedical research programs desired
· Proficiency with various computer systems and databases including Microsoft Office and grant management software.
Skills & Competencies:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to communicate with both internal and external audiences.
· Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and capable of handling diverse assignments.
· Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment; highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
· Team player who can build excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
· Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
To apply please email a cover letter, salary requirements and resume—in this order, in a single pdf file—to: HR@lupusresearch.org
No phone calls please.
For information about the Lupus Research Alliance please visit our website: www.lupusresearch.org.
The Lupus Research Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal opportunity for all regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/orientation/preference, class or socioeconomic status, marital status, age, ability, or Veteran status.
Responsible for administering the pre- and some post-award activities for the LRA’s portfolio of grants. Ensure proper due diligence and full compliance with LRA’s policies. Work effectively and professionally with LRA…