Donor Relations Officer II
The Donor Relations Officer II will play a leading role in the strengthening of Virginia Hospital Center Foundation's relationships with donors and members of the community. The Donor Relations Officer II will work directly with community members and donors, advancing the Hospital's mission, through strategic communication, donor engagement and recognition, as well as in-person or virtual activities. The Donor Relations Officer II will work collaboratively with other donor officers and senior Foundation Staff to ensure that all activities, communications, materials and other contacts foster a positive donor experience and lead to stronger relationships.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- Actively develop and implement donor engagement strategies to support the $26 million comprehensive campaign currently underway, coordinating such work with the entire Foundation team and ensuring that all events and activities are consistent with the goals of the campaign.
- Review and provide strategic advice to the Foundation team to ensure that all donor communications, event invitations, contacts and materials are consistent with the goals of the Foundation and foster a positive donor experience.
- Support the implementation of the Foundation event/activity strategy, including such activities as virtual events, cultivation gatherings, community engagement, campaign awareness building, and donor stewardship events and initiatives.
- Strategically assess other fundraising event opportunities that may be worthwhile for the Foundation to implement as well as field inquiries from outside entities (third parties) who wish to undertake events which would support the Hospital. Manage and serve as the point of contact for third-party events if undertaken.
- Assist with setting annual fundraising goals and other metrics to assess the success of various events and stewardship initiatives.
- Be knowledgeable on the vision and key programs of Virginia Hospital Center and its affiliates and be able to articulate them clearly to the community.
- Working with the entire Foundation team, support the design and implementation of major events and activities such as the annual fundraiser and major initiatives promoting the Hospital. Serve as a primary contact with outside contractors and vendors retained to support various events.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Related Field preferred.
- Four years of Fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience in Healthcare Fundraising and Donor Relations preferred.