Details: commensurate with experience
3900 Fabian Way
Executive Administrative Assistant
Kehillah Jewish High School is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and caring Executive Administrative Assistant. Under the direction of the Principal, the Executive Assistant will manage the daily administrative activities and provide high-level administrative and project management support for diverse and fast-paced deliverables for the Principal and the school’s administrative team, as needed. This position requires a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative duties and will require the use of several software platforms. The Executive Assistant responds timely to requests, provides recommendations for action, and communicates information on behalf of the Principal as directed. Reporting to the Principal, this is a full time, exempt position, and is open immediately.
Apply online at: https://kehillah.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25
About Our School
Kehillah Jewish High School is distinguished by an exceptional academic program and a supportive environment that pairs rich traditions with the best of the Silicon Valley mindset. At Kehillah, students embark on a journey of self-discovery guided by a community of passionate educators. They graduate with the knowledge, values, and community that enable them to create extraordinary futures.
Our Four Commitments
1) Everyone Counts - We embrace the diversity of our student community by ensuring that every member knows that they count.
2) Everyone Has Equal Access To Great Learning - Embracing the diversity of our student body, we educate to each student and recognize that each student has a unique learning style.
3) Everyone’s Unique Talents Are Valued Equally - Some students are strong in math, others great writers. Some students have a great jump-shot while others produce breathtaking art. Some students are gregarious, while others choose quietude. We recognize this diversity and affirm that we are the better for it.
4) We Take Responsibility For Ourselves, Our Learning, And Our Community - We look to our diverse community and ask each member to step up and take ownership of their learning, of their school, and of their community.
● Schedule and coordinate the Principal’s calendar and travel arrangements
● Attend special meetings for the purpose of providing administrative support/meeting minutes
● Arrange facilities and equipment as needed for events
● Prepare and distribute notices, agendas, and materials
● Main contact for school-wide calendar requests; maintain school’s one-page calendar
● Coordinate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure the website calendar is updated
● Monitor and verify receipt of materials and invoices
● Routinely meet and interact with the public, staff, and students which require tact, discretion and courtesy
● Receive and resolve concerns and complaint, using knowledge of school policies, procedures, rules, and requirements; create a variety of confidential communications and reports
● Answers phones
● Parent Association support and coordination
● Coordinate a wide variety of activities to ensure timely notification and clarity of expectations
● Graduation coordinator
● Coordinate Back-To-School Night
● Coordinate Parent Teacher Conferences
● Point of Contact and facilitator for student summer mailing
Faculty and Student Support
● Communicate Staff absences to staff/faculty
● Coordinate Substitute coverage for staff absences
● Provide assistance in tracking student attendance
● Assist with supervision of students during in‐office detentions
● Performs basic first aid/CPR and assists with student health monitoring in conjunction with the Dean of Students
● Provide support for interim reports and oversee comment editing
● Basic PowerSchool/Schoology understanding
● Staff Orientation planning
● UC Approvals
● Exam Coordinator for AP, PSAT, and Final Exams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Outstanding written and editing communication skills; superior spelling, grammar and punctuation
● Excellent organizational and project management skills; fine attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal relationship management and collaboration skills to support working within cross-functional teams
● Embody exceptional people skills in phone and email etiquette; promptly respond to questions or concerns of parents and co-workers while maintaining a positive, pleasant demeanor
● Passionate about supporting equal access to learning in a diverse community; customer focused
● Performs with integrity, ethics, values, beliefs, and principles during both good and bad times
● Remains calm, maintains perspective, and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
● Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills, and experiences
● Successfully functions during times of ambiguity and changing priorities; Creative problem resolution skills
● Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with other individuals and teams
● Results oriented and goal focused
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution
● Robust technology skills, including G-Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerSchool and/or other education based software platform
● At least three years working as an administrative assistant or Registrar in a high-school or educational institution
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
● Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision
● Effectively communicate with school population and community members
● Work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
● Work with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and diverse contacts which may at times be stressful
● Able to travel safely and comfortably across a 50,000 sq. ft. campus
● Work in a traditional climate-controlled environment and occasionally outdoors
● Able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits subject to plan parameters including medical, dental, life, vision, 403(b), full gym membership, free lunch, and more. Pre-employment background screening is required for all positions including TB test, and verification of authorization to work in the United States (I-9). Kehillah does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Kehillah Jewish High School is an equal opportunity employer committed to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Kehillah are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits subject to plan parameters including medical, dental, life, vision, 403(b), full gym membership, free lunch, EAP, and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - expert.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at the URL provided. Must submit resume and cover letter.