Full Time Contract
633 Old Post Road
The Bedford Playhouse is located one hour north of New York City in Bedford, New York. This historic cinema (originally built in 1947) has just undergone a two-year, $6 million-dollar renovation to house a new, not-for-profit -501 (c) (3)- cinema, cultural center, and community hub. The complex will open in September 2018.
The newly renovated Bedford Playhouse will be an exciting resource for Bedford and surrounding areas- a destination where Westchester and Connecticut residents gather for film, music, and special events.
The new Playhouse is home to the Clive Davis Arts Center, named for our top donor, legendary music producer Clive Davis. The Bedford Playhouse/CDAC represents all the exciting programming and events that happen within the Playhouse walls.
Three theaters, all served by state of the art projection and sound equipment, will feature the best new movie releases as well as classics and family entertainment, author and speaker events, small musical performances, art exhibits, and educational offerings.
A spacious café with a full bar will offer delicious light meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It will be a vibrant gathering place where people can meet for a drink or snack.
Bedford Playhouse theaters and event spaces will also be available to rent for classes, meetings, parties, corporate events and other programs. To sum it all up, there will be something for everyone at the new Bedford Playhouse!
The Bedford Playhouse seeks an organized, experienced and dynamic executive, to lead and manage its growth as its first Executive Director (ED).
The ED will launch and supervise all aspects of the organization’s operations, programs, fundraising, revenue generation, marketing, and membership. This individual will be charged with the strategic leadership of the organization, operational stability, and membership growth.
This ED will establish the organization, market the programmatic offerings, and ensure excellent service to members and the broader community. He or she will be a versatile self-starter with a passion to lead and grow the organization.
The Executive Director will exhibit a strong passion for the arts, have demonstrated success in Development, (including annual fund drives and endowment building), and serve as a hands-on manager who strengthens the organization by creating positive relationships among all constituencies.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILTY
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board and be responsible for the launch, roll-out and management of the day-to-day operations and direction of departmental managers of the Bedford Playhouse- planning, organizing and overseeing all administrative functions of the organization, including:
· Development (Director of Development)
· Theater Operations (Theater Manager)
· Finance and Accounting
- Execute Board Approved short-and long-term strategies for the Playhouse
- Report on progress in writing at least monthly to Board of Directors
- Identify, cultivate, and assist in the recruitment of board and advisory council members whose skills, experience, and financial connections meet the organization’s needs.
CONSTRUCTION and FACILITIES
- Monitor remainder of theater renovation process (ending 9/18)
- Ensure all facilities and equipment are kept to the same high standard
- Manage and develop direct reports, including Development Director, and Theater Manager
- Maintain optimal staffing, including sourcing and hiring a Café Manager
- Generate annual budgets in accordance with approved budget policies
- Oversee monthly reporting including financial results, cash flow projections, and balance-sheet
- Work closely with the Treasurer on budget preparation and approval, monthly projections, compliance, and report financial activities on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Programming Committee to shape and oversee programming slate, including all curated series and education programs
- Oversee and implement all branding, marketing and communications, including website
- Optimize non-programming revenue, including Café and facilities rentals
- Lead and track entire development effort together with Director of Development, including major donor gifts
- Oversee the organization and execution of events, including annual gala
- Structure and launch new Bedford Playhouse membership program
- Initiate long-term endowment effort and capital campaigns
- Foster strategic partnerships within the community on an ongoing basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAITS
Applicant must meet these minimum qualifications for consideration:
· Education: Bachelor’s degree required. (4-year College minimum)
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector as a manager.
· Proven track record in Fundraising/Development
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform non-routine work with changing priorities
· Demonstrated expertise in organizational management and leadership
· Strong, demonstrable marketing skills.
· Experience in NFP cinema or arts organizations a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a letter and resume (electronic submissions preferred) with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments to email@example.com