Details: Compensation commensurate with experience; includes generous benefits package.
3489 W 72nd Avenue
The Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN) is a nonprofit organization that provides free immigration legal services to individuals in immigration detention and to non-detained children and families. RMIAN has an immediate opening for a Pro Bono Coordinator to work with its Children’s Program to ensure justice for children and families in immigration proceedings.
The Pro Bono Coordinator will expand RMIAN’s ability to recruit, train, and mentor volunteer attorneys to provide representation for children and families in immigration proceedings. The Pro Bono Coordinator will recruit volunteer attorneys from law firms, place cases with volunteer attorneys, mentor volunteer attorneys, develop pro bono recruitment and training materials, coordinate training and recognition events, and develop systems for tracking and mentoring cases. This position also will provide a limited amount of direct representation to children and families in their immigration cases.
- Admission to state bar, preferably Colorado
- Experience in immigration law
- Spanish proficiency/fluency required
- Passion for RMIAN’s mission and demonstrated commitment to public interest law
- Strong sense of personal initiative
- Excellent oral (including public speaking) and written communication skills
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Ability to comfortably and appropriately maintain and build relationships with governmental agencies, nonprofit providers, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated cultural competency
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency and Spanish proficiency/fluency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a detailed cover letter, resume, and list of references to RMIAN Children’s Program Managing Attorney Ashley Harrington at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
RMIAN is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the importance of diversity in the workplace; individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Visit us online at www.rmian.org.