Details: Salary commensurate with experience
55 West 39th Street
Joe Torre Safe at Home is a non-profit organization that provides school-based services to youth exposed to violence. With over a decade of experience in youth violence intervention, prevention education, and community awareness, Safe At Home has helped individual students and whole school communities to address the impact of violence and trauma. Through the in-school program, Margaret’s Place, Safe At Home provides clinical counseling services to youth exposed to violence as well as prevention education through awareness campaigns, Peer Leadership programs, and classroom instruction.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Vice President (VP) of Development is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Safe At Home’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The VP of Development also will design and implement a comprehensive plan to systematically and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity including the expansion and diversification of Safe At Home’s donor base/pipeline. The VP of Development will work closely the ED, other team members, and the Board.
· Support and partner with the ED and board members on all major fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee and build upon Safe At Home’s major donor program.
· Actively work with the ED and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
· Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all foundation and corporate proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
· Work with the Associate ED to identify government opportunities and support grant proposals.
· Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program.
- Broaden the base of support for Safe At Home, identifying potential new donors and cultivating relationships for general operating support as well as specific programs.
- Oversee donor research, record keeping and data analysis.
- Work with development staff to secure attendees and sponsors for special events and coordinate annual campaigns.
- Demonstrate high accountability in stewarding restricted and unrestricted grants.
· 10-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
· Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
· High energy and passion for Safe At Home’s mission is essential.
· Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and prospect research platforms preferred.
· Willingness to travel to program sites outside of New York, as needed.
The Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, partnership status, disability, genetic information, alienage, citizenship, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence/stalking/sex offenses, and unemployment status.
- Medical/dental/life insurance
- Vacation, sick and personal days
- 401k match of 6% (after 6 months)
- Other benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references. No telephone calls please.