Dates: June 1st through August 20th
Number of Hours: M-F | 15 to 20 hours per week | 100% remote
Number of Positions: 2
Reports to: Program Coordinator
About Community Reading Buddies:
For 26 years, Community Reading Buddies has been mobilizing Bay Area high schoolers to mentor younger students in literacy and ignite them with a passion for reading. In turn, our Youth Mentors are trained in social-emotional skills that prepare them to become successful, independent adults. For more information about Community Reading Buddies, visit our website.
- Under the supervision of a Program Coordinator, each intern will support and supervise online CRB classes on Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday:
- Supervise sessions with Program Coordinator.
- Provide tech support for Program Coordinator, Youth Mentors, and Buddies.
- Track attendance of Youth Mentors and Buddies.
- Build Strong Relationships with Youth Mentors: facilitate training and discussions for Youth Mentors before and after each session.
- Support Program Coordinator in running training sessions.
- Communicate with Youth Mentors--send reminders, answer questions about scheduling and other issues, contact absences, etc.
- Support Youth Mentors in their reading sessions as needed.
- Identify additional literacy-based resources and tools for Youth Mentors (books, games, etc.).
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Support Program Coordinators in collecting data.
- Data entry as needed.
- Ensure all Buddy and Youth Mentor data and permission forms are entered into systems.
- Enjoy reading, literacy & working with youth!
- Familiar with Zoom; and willing to learn other tech platforms.
- Preferred but not required: Bilingual Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Arabic.
- Submit resume, cover letter and 2-3 references.