5 Union Square West
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
BSR is also a founding partner of the We Mean Business coalition, a group of business-facing networks and think tanks that collectively works with thousands of businesses and investors to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy. BSR is proud to play an active role in the policy engagement, corporate engagement, and communications work of the coalition.
The Associate, Climate Change will implement BSR’s climate change work, which includes thought leadership and research, collaborative initiatives, and advisory services work with companies. BSR works with its member companies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to build resilience to unavoidable climate impacts, following the goals of the Paris Agreement on climate change.
The successful candidate will work closely with BSR’s global climate team to build, align, and execute our portfolio of work. Specific focuses will depend on the successful candidate’s specific climate expertise.
This position is full-time, preferably based in New York, and reports to the Director, Climate Change.
- Project Management and Implementation: The Associate will play a key role in BSR’s delivery of consulting services, collaborative initiatives, and applied research on climate change. The successful candidate will design and manage climate projects for individual companies, implement complex grant-funded projects with multiple workstreams, and will discover and operationalize synergies between BSR’s research, collaboration, and advisory services work. He or she will also add value to teams managed by BSR’s industry leads.
- Thought Leadership: The Associate will keep up with the latest developments on private-sector climate action, identify leading topics, and contribute to BSR’s published thought leadership in the area.
- Business Development: The Associate will assist with business development opportunities undertaken by the BSR climate team, including opportunities for grant-funded or consulting work and the recruitment of member companies to our climate-facing Collaborative Initiatives.
- Master’s degree in business, law, or other relevant discipline required.
- Demonstrated expertise on how the private sector addresses climate change, as well as on the landscape of climate stakeholders.
- Significant climate experience (3-5 years) required. Experience in a relevant industrial sector taking strong climate action such as food, beverage and agriculture; transport; or information and communications technology is a plus.
- Outstanding project management skills, including the demonstrated ability to manage long-term grants and shorter consultancy projects, to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, and to deliver for clients and funders.
- Collaborative mindset and the intellectual agility to work with companies across various industries, and the
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake business travel (less than 20% of time).
- Language skills: Fluent in English, with an additional language from a region in which BSR is based preferred.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
As part of our dedication to Diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.bsr.org/careers.