Digital Platforms & Analytics Coordinator
- Job posted by Columbia University, Office of Alumni and Development
622 West 113th Street
Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Strategy, Digital Marketing Initiatives, the Digital Platforms & Analytics Coordinator will assist with collaboration between the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) and other areas of the organization, including fundraising and operations departments across school-based alumni and development offices.
This role reports into the Digital Marketing Initiatives unit within the Office of Alumni and Development (OAD). The team seeks to implement a unified strategy that focuses on both increasing alumni engagement and increasing donor count/retention. The Digital Marketing Initiatives unit oversees broad-based alumni and development communications across multiple channels, online programming and engagement. It is a leader in implementing and using enterprise-level technology shared across the organization. The goals of the unit include offering and conveying value, benefits, and opportunities to alumni, creating a holistic communication strategy around development and engagement, and fostering a culture of impact that benefits the University and its alumni. The Coordinator will also be a critical member of the CAA Marketing and Digital Initiatives team which overseas all CAA efforts and projects to market and communicate with alumni University-wide under the CAA brand. This Coordinator will serve in a pivotal role to contribute to cross-University initiatives, gather and analyze metrics and report out on impact, and connect with multiple stakeholders to ensure there is clear and meaningful information sharing around programs and platforms. The Coordinator will serve as a project manager, business analyst, and vital part in managing the units’ collaborations and inter-departmental initiatives.
● Engage with internal and external users of OAD digital marketing tools and properties to gather feedback, make recommendations, and identify shared needs or trends.
● Identify new and existing requirements from users around OAD tools and properties; recommend and implement improvements as advisable.
● Demonstrate use-case scenarios and impact to internal stakeholders around use of technology platforms and online programs.
● Expand upon Alumni Voices, a survey used to acquire insights from our Alumni Community.
● Use metrics to determine a more unified UX (user experience) across OAD web properties.
● Become the expert on digital trends and competitive analysis.
● Serve as the expert on Columbia’s OAD metrics; identify areas where this information can inform and impact online communications and programming.
● Maintain a Digital Marketing Initiatives dashboard, especially around online programs and platforms.
● Inform marketing decisions based on data and other relevant metrics.
● Ensure outreach and online programming efforts are helping contribute to prospect identification and cultivation.
● Produce reports and recommendations on a variety of topics, from event registration patterns to adoption of online tools, with the goal of increasing impact on every level
● Assess the benefits and services offered to alumni; make recommendations for marketing strategies or acquisition of new alumni resources.
● Schedule meetings and provide other assistance in inter-departmental coordination.
● Undergo benchmarking and research to assess Columbia’s performance across different platforms and initiatives compared to industry standards.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional role.
· Ability to pull metrics, look at data, identify trends.
· Ability to create polished reports that use metrics to tell the story of impact
· Strong project management skills
· Self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to juggle a large volume of information in a fast-paced environment, and a sense of strategic planning.
· Ability to work well with other units, volunteers, and colleagues; a genuinely collaborative personality.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Facility with online tools and resources; interest in exploring and experimenting with new platforms; ability to learn quickly and be flexible when working in the digital space.
· Ability to set priorities, exercise excellent judgment, and work with diplomacy and discretion in a highly pressured environment.
· An interest and/or an eye for design a plus.
· Previous digital product experience a plus.
Medical, Dental, Retirement, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, etc.
Minimum Education Required