1125 Benton Street
Centro de Ayuda Legal para Inmigrantes (CALI) is a nonprofit dedicated to providing immigration legal services to the low-income community. We are seeking an experienced full-time bilingual (Spanish/English) immigration attorney to join our organization.
• Legal Services & Case Management: Conduct initial client intake/consultations and evaluate eligibility for immigration benefits. Provide full representation, brief service, and legal advice to low income clients filing applications, including family-based petitions, DACA, waivers, U Visas, and naturalization.
• Maintain Legal Best Practices: Comply with CALI’s policies, procedures, and best practices for non-profit immigration law practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Advanced legal research and writing skills.
• Dedicated to providing high quality legal assistance and capable of handling complex legal immigration and naturalization issues on behalf of low-income clients.
• Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail for forms completion.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple deadlines effectively.
• Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
Education: J.D. from ABA certified law school
Certifications: Admission to any state bar. ( California strongly preferred.)
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in immigration law assisting immigrants with family visa petitions, waivers, naturalization, and U Visas.
Language: Oral and written fluency in both English and Spanish.
401K, FSA, Paid time off
Level of Language Proficiency
Oral and written fluency in both English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required