Full Time Contract
Organisation: Passerelles numériques
Reporting to: PNAsia Director
Status: VSI contract
Project Passerelles numériques Asia
Start date / duration May 18 / 2 years (renewable)
Location Phnom Penh (Cambodia) with regular trips in Cebu (Philippines) and Danang (Vietnam)
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 98 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
Passerelles numériques Asia is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This transversal team is composed of 6 staff, who fill the role of support functions. Their goals are to coordinate the operations in proximity with the field.
- CONTEXT AND MISSION
The success of the Passerelles numériques mission is based on the adhesion of all its employees to a common vision, values and principles. The sustainability of this success requires a smooth roll-out of the mission, a strong focus on PN’s values, and an anticipation of the rapid reactions of society, technology and educational movement.
This is why PN sets its strategic orientation for the next 5 years with 2 main objectives:
- Maintain high quality social impact of its core program;
- Explore and develop a set of new projects based on PN’s DNA and its best practices.
In this dynamic and challenging context, PN is looking for its new Education and Social Mission manager.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to PNAsia Director, PN Education & Social Mission Manager works in close and regular collaboration with the operational teams in the 3 PN centers.
While ensuring the respect of the fundamental values and principles of the organization, she/he is in charge of stimulating and supporting the necessary renewal of programs, methods and activities of 4 main principles of PN Holistic approach:
- Technical and practical Training,
- General Training in professional skills,
- Social and Educational Development.
As PN’s social mission guarantor, in accordance to PN Spirit and Value, He/She will: (Non exhaustive list)
Support and Guide Teams on a “daily” basis
- Maintain the quality of their good practices,
- Handle management issues & special cases,
- Contribute to HR processes (needs identification, recruitment, appraisal…).
Initiate and stimulate regular renewal
- Selection test (annually),
- Curricula (IT, English, Professional Life, Maths… based on local needs and evolutions),
- Pedagogical and didactic tools & practices (according to the local needs and/or new developments),
- Education Plan and Developmental Activities (according to the local needs and/or new developments).
Initiate and contribute to new projects development
- Identify Social needs, inequalities,
- Design Solution according to PN Vision, values, resources…
- Identify potential partners (technical, skills, financial support…)
- Support field roll-out,
- Monitor and Assess the impact.
Participate to PN daily life, development and strategy
- Partnership development,
- Fundraising proposal,
- Strategy contribution,
- Prepare and share PN’s mission’s impact report
- SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Large availability, reactivity, curiosity and creativity, willingness to work in a multicultural environment, listening and understanding skills, good organization.
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Bachelor/Master degree in a relevant field.
- 5 years of professional experience in one or several following field(s):
- Experience in team management,
- Experience in teaching,
- Experience in handling youth and/or social work,
- Experience in project management (pedagogy, Education, ICT).
- Strong appetence for Education, Vocational Training, Pedagogy and ICT.
- Strong adhesion to PN values and vision.
- ICT/programing skills is an asset
- 2 years International Solidarity Volunteer Contract (VSI)
- Insurance package
- French pension system contribution included
- One plane ticket round trip home - Phnom penh at the beginning and the end of the mission
- One Plane ticket round trip Phnom Penh - home every 12 months
- Considering the mission, a longer commitment (3-4y) is highly appreciate.
- Regular trips to plan in Vietnam and the Philippines
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and French, written and spoken (English is the working language).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org