Reporting to, and in partnership with the Deputy Director, Development, the Development Manager will support development efforts as Digital Harbor Foundation continues to grow as a local, regional, and national presence across our areas of impact.
The Development Manager will be responsible for creating, managing, and contributing to the fundraising efforts for Digital Harbor Foundation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION
- In collaboration with other development staff, advance annual fundraising plan, inclusive of foundation, corporate, government, participant, and individual giving.
- Contribute to strategic planning process.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Research donor relation programs at local, state and federal art institutions
- Support fundraising events and donor receptions
- Support creation of development collateral related to fundraising
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and support efforts to foster positive relationships
- Research donation programs and opportunities available through local, state and federal programs
- Write content for grant submissions and compile materials to apply for various foundation, corporate, and federal grant opportunities
- Support creation of timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Support creation of reports post-event that analyze data and determine effectiveness of fundraising activities
- In cooperation with relevant staff members, collect stories of DHF’s success and impact and prepare them for distribution, including for annual reports and other publications.
DIVERSIFICATION OF FUNDING
- Build/maintain general knowledge of the field, including STEM education policy and practice, Maker movement and Maker education, scholarship programs, etc..
- Collaborate with both the Development Team and other teams at DHF
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, including managing multiple projects and deadlines and proactively identifying and completing tasks
- Ability to collaborate on informal and formal team-based projects
- Ability to think strategically and make recommendations that take into account competing needs and priorities
- Highly organized
- Comfort using CRM databases
- Proficient with QuickBooks.
- Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related or relevant field required
- 5 years experience in development and program development preferred.