Details: To be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience.
215 Spadina Avenue
POSITION: OFFICE MANAGER
Hashomer Hatzair Canada is seeking a part-time Office Manager to join our team beginning in April 2018. This position will include 18 hours/week, split over a minimum of 3 consistent days per week. This position is based in our Toronto office during the year and at our camp location in Perth, Ontario, for seven weeks each summer.
ABOUT HASHOMER HATZAIR CANADA AND CAMP SHOMRIA:
Hashomer Hatzair is a worldwide youth movement active in over 20 countries globally. Hashomer Hatzair has been at the forefront of youth-led experiential Jewish education and community building for over 100 years. Our focus is on equipping our youth with a strong Jewish cultural identity, a deep relationship and engagement with Israel that inspires them to build achvat amim (solidarity of nations), towards a just and lasting peace, and a strong community oriented toward social justice.
Located on Otty Lake, in Perth, Ontario, Camp Shomria is the Hashomer Hatzair immersive summer home away from home, where lifelong friendships are made. Days are spent swimming, canoeing, playing sports and games, doing arts and crafts, tending our gardens, making music and drama, and so much more.
Hashomer Hatzair Canada offers year-round programming for our youth participants and leaders as well as our wider community of alumni and parents. Year-round programming is based in Toronto.
• Managing the camper registration process, database and payment collection.
• Bookkeeping and management of record-keeping systems.
• Effectively managing the Camp Shomria email address and phone line.
• Maintaining and updating Hashomer Hatzair Canada’s website.
• Supporting operations for summer camp, winter camp, year-round programming and special events.
• Helping to implement the communications strategy, including social media activities and creating community newsletters.
• First line of communication for parents, community stakeholders, general inquiries
• Liaise with staff and youth leadership as needed to support programming operations
The Office Manager reports to the Director of Hashomer Hatzair Canada. Performance reviews will take place on an ongoing basis.
REQUIRED AND DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
• Commitment to the mission of Hashomer Hatzair Canada and the model of youth-leading-youth
• Previous experience bookkeeping
• Previous experience in nonprofit environments is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, QuickBooks
• Proficiency in Weebly, Constant Contact, CampBrain is a plus
• High proficiency in oral and written English (required), Hebrew (asset), Arabic (asset)
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and manage many ongoing projects at once
• Flexible attitude
Level of Language Proficiency
High proficiency in oral and written English (required), Hebrew (asset), Arabic (asset)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be required upon request. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.