Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Position Title: Information Technology Applications Administrator
Reports To: Director of Business Applications
Job Classification: Exempt / Full Time
Location: LISC Headquarters Office, New York, NY
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 31 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce. Visit us at www.lisc.org
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Information Technology (IT) Department manages and maintains all technology systems for ~400 staff dispersed across 35 offices, responsible for:
Governance: Strategic practices for the operational parameters of IT systems, project management and security;
Functionality: Creating and maintaining operational applications; developing, securing, and storing electronic data;
Infrastructure: Purchase and management of hardware components, network, circuitry and equipment; office moves; and
Service: Supporting use of hardware, software and data management for all functional areas of the organization
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The IT Applications Administrator reports to the Director of Business Applications and will be an integral member of the Application Development team, located at the NYC headquarters. If Salesforce and NetSuite are in your repertoire, read on.
LISC offers the opportunity to put your experience as a Salesforce administrator to work, while broadening your exposure to other business applications, and to extend your skills into a range of information technology department processes and systems.
You’ll benefit from exposure to different parts of the company and have the chance to work on a variety of projects as a member of a small team within the Information Technology Department.
Help turn business problems into tangible solutions across LISC business applications, including Salesforce, NetSuite, Box, PLM (a loan servicing system) and other intersecting applications.
- Contribute to the transformation of LISC’s business applications from premise-based to cloud hosted solutions.
- Provide value to the business by automating complex business processes, creating reports & dashboards, recommending enhancements, creating documentation, and training users on Salesforce, NetSuite and other systems.
- Expand the capacity and use of Salesforce within the company.
- Salesforce: modify page layouts, build reports, dashboards and workflows; create automations and manage data; oversee security and access; manage standard and custom objects
- NetSuite: Provide support and maintenance, oversee security and access, configuration, and upgrades
Other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned, including but not limited to:
- Support workflow integrations between applications such as Box with NetSuite, Salesforce, etc.
- Work with and learn from consultants to acquire new skills and absorb new responsibilities
- Keep abreast of technology trends and best practices in software applications in order to propose improvements and technology advancements
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment, and will be highly motivated, highly skilled, quality minded, and detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Broad knowledge of custom application development
- Must value efficiency, cooperation and making things work.
- Must have the ability to have one-on-one engagement with internal customers.
- Proven knowledge of the Salesforce platform and hands on experience.
- Salesforce Certification is a plus.
- NetSuite administration is a plus.
- Know how to integrate Salesforce and NetSuite platform applications with other applications/tools.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Salesforce administration experience
- NetSuite administration experience
- Solid understanding of business processes
- Proactive and flexible work habits
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills.
- Analytical skills to respond to requested changes and identify customizations.
- Excellent problem solving skills
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and abilities, consistent with the scope of the job. Excellent fringe benefits are also provided.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email to:
Director of Business Applications
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required