88 Hamilton Avenue
TITLE: Development Officer, Institutional Relations
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Institutional Relations
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that responds to people affected by poverty or disaster with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries and all 50 U.S. states with over $600 million in innovative health programs and quality medical aid.
The Institutional Relations (IR) team is responsible for originating and stewarding Corporate and Foundation Partnerships in order to secure support for Americares ongoing international and domestic programs. The team is small yet highly effective and they are passionate about what they do.
The Development Officer, IR reports directly to the Vice President of Institutional Relations. S/he will have primary responsibility for cold prospecting and for supporting the planning and implementing of cause-related marketing partnerships with warm prospects. The Development Officer will help capitalize on the pipeline of new prospects that resulted from 2017 Atlantic Hurricanes and leverage the work initiated with potential cause partner prospects. Strong emphasis will be placed on managing corporate accounts to ensure deliverables are met, while helping to build and renew the corporate sponsor pool. Activities also include solicitation of corporate sponsorships for special events and active participation in a high-functioning, highly collaborative results-oriented development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with the VP Institutional Relations and SVP Development to set overall strategy, establish hierarchy of priorities, and implement plan to grow cause-related marketing program in both size and scope.
- Establish a pipeline of prospects – conduct cold and warm outreach to generate a pool of new supporters to feed institutional relations portfolios
- Manage a portfolio of prospects – work with the VP, Institutional Relations to identify a portfolio of program supporters to manage and aggressively pursue those that have potential for significant return.
- Serve as primary contact for customer service issues for assigned corporate partners, handling directly or forwarding to appropriate resource(s) for resolution.
- Develop and execute a communications strategy for assigned corporate partners.
- Participate in negotiations and contract renewals for assigned corporate partners.
- Support other account managers with necessary processes, tools and collateral to attract and steward participants for the program.
- Function as an integral member of the institutional relations team; assist in all areas including planning, solicitation, implementation and evaluation.
- Review and update standard operating procedures around different levels of cause-related marketing engagement.
- Coordinate with Legal and Compliance to establish procedures for legal review and reporting of cause-related marketing partnerships.
- Coordinate with Donor Communications Manager to design and update collateral needed to market the program to donors.
- Coordinate with donor relations and finance to establish procedures for revenue recognition and financial reporting.
- Coordinate with communications and web team to align branding, social media strategies and web outreach with program priorities and time line.
- Coordinate with communications and marketing to develop tool kits for consumer engagement.
- Monitor and report on program progress and deliverables.
- Demonstrate mission driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Other activities as appropriate
- Attends and participate in development team and all-staff meetings.
- Participate in professional development activities as identified.
- Other duties as assigned
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- BA degree with at least 4 years of related work experience;
- Fundraising/development or Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Corporate and foundation partnership cultivation, development and expansion;
- Account management/marketing/sales;
- Prior experience in new business development a plus;
- Prior experience acquiring resources for Public Health/Humanitarian Aid org a plus;
- Prior experience developing cause marketing campaigns a plus;
- Successful track record managing relationships with a broad spectrum of corporations and/or foundations;
- Ability to travel 20%
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent client presentation development and presentation skills; ability to translate program and operational needs into compelling “case for support”;
- Intermediate level expertise with MS Office Suite;
- Strong account strategy skills and ability to think ahead 6-18 months in advance;
Personal Success Factors:
- Passion for our mission and a desire to work within the humanitarian aid/global health sector;
- Proven team player with a willingness to “pitch in” where needed;
- Highly organized with ability to deliver to a deadlines
- Detail-oriented and personally inclined to capturing data and details
- Can successfully navigate an organizational culture that requires a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and collaborative work style;
- Successful at leveraging the resources and information available to you in order to accomplish goals;
- High energy level, comfortable planning, managing and performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good reasoning, abilities and sound judgment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to : https://americares.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=americares#/requisition/495