3160 De La Cruz Blvd.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Steward existing donors through regular communications, donor appreciation, and follow up
- Research and apply for potential funding opportunities, including private foundations and corporate giving programs
- Track and submit grant reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Coordinate and draft fundraising mailers and online giving campaigns
- Secure sponsorship and advertisements for annual banquet and special events/programs
- Coordinate expansion of existing monthly donor program
- Coordinate special events such as informational dinners
- Implement and promote planned giving program
- Coordinate corporate matching program
- Other duties as assigned
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, pension matching program, holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
- A Bachelor’s Degree and relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and managerial skills to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, and Word Press
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited time
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before an audience, on camera, and radio, preferred
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to the diverse Muslim community
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Northern California for events and outreach in an on-demand capacity
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with CRM platforms, Quickbooks, and Google AdWords
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief writing sample, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, to: email@example.com with the subject line “Development Coordinator”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by December 21, 2018.