4300 North California Avenue
HANA Center seeks a talented and committed individual to serve as a full-time Youth Organizer. HANA Center is a dynamic organization working to empower the Korean American, Asian Pacific American and Pacific Islander (AAPI), and immigrant communities through education, organizing, social service and culture to advance social, economic, and racial justice. The office is located in Chicago, IL. The Youth Organizer will report to HANA Center’s Youth Lead Organizer. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and facilitate education for Korean American, AAPI, multi-ethnic youth communities on a variety of issues such as immigration rights, education access, healthcare access, youth civic participation and other public policy that affect immigrant communities.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with high schools, community based organizations, and coalitions to grow and strengthen HANA Center’s base and program for young people.
- Recruit and retain high school students for HANA Center’s Youth Empowerment Programs through outreach to local high school administrators, teachers, clubs, and student leaders.
- Support youth plan, implement, and evaluate youth-led organizing campaigns.
- Support youth leaders with coordinating youth fundraising events
- Assist with HANA Center’s Annual Fundraising events
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
- Fulfill other organizational duties as assigned.
- Commitment to immigrant rights and social, economic, and racial justice
- Experience working with youth and/or community organizing strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to think critically and creatively, prioritize multiple projects, and committed to learning.
- Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively in local partnerships and/or with multi-ethnic or multi-sector communities.
- Bilingual in the Korean and English languages an asset
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
HANA Center offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, full health benefits and paid vacation, sick days and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in the Korean and English languages an asset
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Yujin Maeng, Lead Youth Organizer, HANA Center, email@example.com