3269 Mission Street
Do you love creating collaborative, respectful and fun environments? Are you a people-oriented person who loves to inspire and rally others towards a common vision? Do you love organizing people and creating functional and welcoming spaces? Are you service-oriented, deriving joy from helping your co-workers be the best they can be? Do you want to be connected to a diverse and passionate team that thrives working towards social justice solutions?
We are seeking a Operations & Culture Manager (OCM) to maintain a culture of wellness, collaboration, and continued professional development, as well as, office support services for MAF’s executive team. The OCM would also facilitate the goal tracking process and help the team stay aligned to our organizational goals. The ideal candidate should have a can-do attitude, HR and administrative experience, exceptional communication skills, capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and an aptitude to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
Mission Asset Fund (MAF) is a groundbreaking non-profit on a mission to create a fair financial marketplace for hardworking families. We’re a recognized nationwide leader in developing innovative and successful asset-building strategies. A hybrid between a tech start-up and a nonprofit, MAF is a great place to work for both nonprofit or for-profit professionals who are interested in tech for social good.
MAF is at an exciting juncture. After 10 years as a leader in our fields, offering over 10,000 loans and 7,500 fee assistance grants, we are growing into new programmatic offerings, poising ourselves to influence policy and marketplaces, and institutionalizing our processes along the way. This means bringing on brand new people thrilled about our work and our mission, developing a solid HR/operational infrastructure to support our staff, and lots of opportunity and growth.
As the Operations & Culture Manager, you will build strong relationships with the team members and become a safe confidential advocate for their personal and professional concerns, lead the talent acquisition effort including recruiting and managing outside resources, continue to build and execute resources for recruiting, on-boarding, and employee success across all departments. The OCM will also assist in providing guidance and expertise regarding best practices and legal compliance as well as maintain records. As the Operations & Culture Manager, you will also need to be hands on for a wide variety of people, practices, and tools that bring to life our culture for every employee. Imagine, every day you will play a meaningful role in shaping our success and our future. You will work closely with and report to the COO.
AN AWESOME PLACE TO WORK:
We’re right in the middle of the Mission District in San Francisco, it’s awesome here, with diverse restaurants, bars, and shops. We’ve got great team outings (fighting zombies, putt putt and bowling to name a few). And the team is ridiculously dedicated to the mission and fun to work with. Plus, you’ll get to hobnob with a certified MacArthur Genius (It also helps that we have the best snacks.) We have a super beautiful office setting, with lots of bright colors and natural light. As a nonprofit and tech startup, we attract people who like to jump in with both feet and who aren’t afraid of learning how to do better. With an open office environment, collaboration and teamwork are more than just values - they’re a way of life. Hailing from many different cultural and professional backgrounds, we are drawn together by a passion for embracing technology and creativity to make the world a better place for hardworking families.
Chief Operating Officer
Culture & Environment
- Provide an inspiring and supportive work environment for colleagues.
- Foster and maintain a clean, organized and comfortable office, including conference rooms, kitchen and gathering areas.
- Help create a wellness culture among staff with an emphasis on health and the environment
- Coordinate office operations, including facilities management.
- Act as primary contact and liaison between the office and building management as well as other outside vendors.
- Manage office supplies budget. Research and purchase office supplies, business, and ergonomic equipment.
- Manage mail and office equipment contracts and services. Research cost effective means when replacing necessary business equipment or services.
- Manage existing office space planning and reconfigurations.
- Maintain all shared spaces and resources such as workrooms, office equipment, supplies, and food inventory.
- Manage emergency procedures, including manual, drills, supplies and act as Emergency Preparedness Floor Warden in the event of an emergency.
- Be the first line of defense for IT issues. Coordinate technology policies, procedures and resources, including IT support and cloud services, when needed.
People (Human Resources)
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the organization, while being particularly mindful of and attentive to employee morale.
- Maintain and updates benefits documentation and communications.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Responsible for onboarding new staff members.
- Review and updates operating practices and recommend and implement improvements where necessary.
- Coordinate and lead organization-wide events, e.g. staff meetings, summer picnics, holiday parties, retreats, team-building activities, etc.
- Coordinate and track staff training and professional development (including conferences) opportunities and logistics.
- Coordinate and track travel logistics for the organization.
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding
- Collaborate with hiring manager and gain an understanding of what is necessary for the role (soft skills, technical know-how, specific qualities, etc).
- Submit postings to our recruitment tracking platform, Recruiterbox, as well a various other job posting sites.
- Manage communications with candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Assist in screening applications as well as in phone screenings to help assess the candidate's’ ability to fill the role.
- Schedule phone screenings, in-person interviews, and other calls/meetings necessary throughout the process.
- Coordinate the hire’s first day, including HR training and documentation as well as helping them get situated with office policy and procedure.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and COO, including meeting, interview, and appointment coordination, travel logistics, expense reporting, filing, communication assistance, shipping, and research.
- Assist with Board meetings by coordinating, sending communications, scheduling, and preparing packets.
- Attend meetings and record minutes when necessary. Provide follow-up action items to respective team members.
- Manage systems for storing and retrieving official contracts and key organizational documents.
- Organize, implement and maintain central filing systems for various departments.
- Manage and execute special projects as needed.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- At least 3+ years of administrative, operations, and HR experience, ideally in a nonprofit setting
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills
- Experience in office coordination and procedures
- Software skills and Internet research abilities, including a proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc), and including Mac and PC.
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously and the aptitude to learn quickly, adapt, and have fun in a fast-paced work environment
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Good sense of humor, healthy interpersonal skills, and a “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated cultural competency when working with diverse members of the community
- The ability to jump in with both feet, hit the ground running, work independently, problem-solve effectively, and learn new skills along the way
- Integrity, credibility, and a personal connection to MAF’s mission and values
- Commitment to our values of respect, meeting people where they are, and building on what they have
- A burning passion for economic, social justice, and immigration-rights issues, and for the role that data can play in fueling social change
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- This is a full-time position with an anticipated annual salary range of $55,000-60,000. Salary will be dependent on experience.
- We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with this value.
- We provide 20 days of Paid Time Off (160 hours)/year accrued for the first two years of full-time employment, 13 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule.
- We provide generous medical (HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending account, and AD&D insurance.
- We care about your financial future. We provide a matching 401K plan that is immediately 100% vested. We will match up to 4% of your compensation/year.
- Commuter benefits & flexible savings account: pre-tax benefit accounts used to pay for expenses like healthcare or commuter expenses like parking, vanpool, public transit—including train, subway, bus, and ferry.
OUR HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE:
- We will read your cover letter first; it’s important for us to understand whether this is the right fit for you. In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you are interested in this job, what you like about MAF, and share examples of past work you’ve done that makes you a strong candidate.
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews in early August and one-hour in-person interviews in mid-August.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start as soon as possible - starting in August or early September.
Equal Opportunity Employment: Mission Asset Fund is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Mission Asset Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- No phone calls.
- Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply go to https://missionassetfund.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01ilg?source=