2318 Mill Road
Do you want to apply your online fundraising and writing skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
The Conquer Cancer Foundation of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is conquering cancer worldwide by funding breakthrough research and sharing cutting-edge knowledge. ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about Conquer Cancer and ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
Conquer Cancer is looking for a highly motivated Online Fundraising Administrator to join the Annual Giving Team. The selected candidate will support annual giving online initiatives, including email, online advertising, and peer to peer fundraising. The selected candidate will play a key role in growing revenue for the Foundation through fundraising and communication strategies.
If you are a dedicated individual looking to apply your copywriting and fundraising skills in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
· Support the Annual Giving team online programs, including email, peer-to-peer fundraising, and online advertising
· Coordinate with the Online Fundraising Manager to promote peer-to-peer fundraising, website donations, and online tribute and memorial giving
· Collaborate with Annual Giving team to plan and implement fundraising initiatives
· Strategize and develop Conquer Cancer Giving Day annually between departments, ASCO entities, and all fundraising channels
· Partner with the Online Fundraising Manager to analyze digital programs and recommend changes in strategy to generate more revenue
· Maintain the Annual Giving Communications Calendar for the Foundation’s communications, and manage online sustainer outreach and segment communications accordingly
· Write, create, and deploy email and social media fundraising and cultivation appeals, and write and update content for fundraising pieces in ASCO publications
· Update website content and serve as point of contact and subject matter expert for website development or modifications
· Maintain Luminate database of constituents and segment audiences, create appeal codes for fundraising efforts to track performance in Stratus Live, and build and run Luminate and Stratus Live queries and reports
What you will need in order to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· 3-5 years of online fundraising experience
· Proficiency in copywriting; exceptional use of grammar and punctuation
· Previous experience in database use and management with the ability to run queries and reports
· Experience with digital technology and an openness to embracing new technology
· Previous experience working in a nonprofit setting
· Strong verbal communication skills to include ability to develop productive interpersonal relationships in a team environment
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, deadlines and changing priorities
Conquer Cancer and ASCO are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE)
Minimum Education Required