MHA-NYC is a nonprofit organization with local roots and a national reach that for over 50 years has been leading the way in mental health with a three-part mission of service, advocacy, and education. Every year, we reach over one million people nationally with mental and behavioral health challenges through high quality innovative programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general accounting.
- Manages audits and monthly closing, coordinating with the Director of Contracts, Billings and Grants.
- Analyzes financial statements and individual accounts to determine reasonableness of estimates.
- Manages cash flow.
- Manages workflow and staffing
- Provides training, guidance, and direction to staff to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
- Ensures the accuracy of work product of finance team.
- Supports the Director of Finance in Board and external relations.
- Prepares and supports presentations to the Board Finance and Audit committees.
- Manages all dynamic reporting needs and processes.
- Maintains continuous audit readiness.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Board of Directors.
- Collaboration with programs and administration in order to maximize contract spending and support program operations.
- Assists Director of Finance in budgeting new projects in concert with senior management.
- Member of organization’s Senior Leadership Committee.
- Audit experience necessary.
- Solid knowledge of not for profit accounting, Uniform Guidance.
- Ability to work in an evolving, growing environment.
- Embrace a customer based philosophy.
- Credentials-BA mandatory, MBA, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience.
- Not for Profit and/or Government contracting experience preferred.
MHA-NYC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available.
Minimum Education Required