1200 12th Avenue South
Youth Food Service Trainer (FT) - We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a chance to make a difference.
The Company: FareStart’s restaurants, cafes, and catering services provide opportunities for our students, apprentices, and employees to work side by side creating great food and better lives.
The Job: The Youth Food Service Trainer is responsible for effectively teaching barista, culinary and personal development skills in both the classroom and kitchen to youth who are experiencing significant barriers and trauma with a goal of successful outcomes in employment and education. The Youth Trainer works closely with the retail operations team and program partners to ensure the programs will meet enrollment, outcome, training and student support goals. The Trainer works with students to set weekly goals, provides students with daily feedback and coaching; documents training progress and other information as required. Qualifications include:
- 1 years customer service experience; coffee/barista experience preferred
- 1 year restaurant prep/cooking experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with/and ability to form relationships with diverse youth experiencing significant barriers and trauma including homelessness, incarceration, poverty, foster care, mental health challenges, etc.
- Ability to hold youth to high standards and expectations while displaying empathy and compassion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that keep youth engaged in learning
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Shift meal
The Location: Pacific Tower, 1200 12th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144
Why Should You Apply?
- Great team
- Great benefits
- Growing organization
- Rewarding work
FareStart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required