537 Houston St
We exist to serve high-quality food, cultivate community, and promote dignity to our brothers and sisters experiencing homelessness.
We believe that those experiencing homelessness deserve a place of dignity where they can find a loving community and gather around a good meal. Each "Feast Day" (Phase 1 of 3 of our vision) serves as a connecting point where we serve, we share a meal, and we pray...all together. True community extends beyond the dinner table though; which is why Prodigal Projects has a variety of planned initiatives including a restaurant concept and formerly homeless residential community.
Learn more about our impact directly from our here https://prodigalprojects.com
We’re currently seeking an Executive Director to lead our continued growth, impact and innovation in the Dallas/Fort Worth community. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Prodigal Project's staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. They will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans. Build it, and they will come.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals. Make Feast Days great...always.
- Actively recruit and engage volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders. Gotta keep the people happy.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Feast Day's Core Team(s) of Volunteers. Lead the future leaders.
- Plan and execute major fundraising events as well as Feast Days as well as coordinate day-of-event production and logistics.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents. Passion trumps numbers...BUT people still need numbers.
Fundraising & Communications
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with existing and prospective investors.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities. Get the people who see it to start talking about it.
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion. Apparently it takes money to do this. Bummer. ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence and social media to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand. Make pretty things for people to see.
- Lead Prodigal Project’s growth and act as a strategic thought partner to Prodigal Project’s board of directors.
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political / community leaders at each expansion site. Build and use leverage.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication. Scalability carries weight. That’s a pun.
As the incoming Executive Director, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications *Nervously edits resume*
Specific requirements include:
- A demonstrated passion for Prodigal Projects mission and commitment to the Dallas community. The ability to tell a compelling story about why the mission resonates with you. Community. Dignity. Big Giving.
- A successful track record in entrepreneurial environments holding positions of increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth. Your middle school relationship doesn’t count.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget. The Nick Saban of non-profits, but nicer.
- Ability to cultivate existing board member relationships in addition to growing surrounding team. Surround yourself with the best.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures. Your top 8 on MySpace won’t cut it...get out there and connect with everyone!
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent Prodigal Projects in an engaging and dynamic manner. Sell the mission and sell it well.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning. We’re a start-up. You’ll love it some days and hate it others, but you will always need to make it grow.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed. If you made it this far...this one is the most important.
Prodigal Projects offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Join Our Team
Please upload a resume alongside a thoughtful and targeted cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, addressed to Prodigal Projects Hiring Committee, at https://airtable.com/shr9g8HkMTTmIP08a