Details: $20.00 hour
315 West 39th Street
The Fashion School at Kent State University is seeking an Outreach Program Officer to assist in the coordination of its NYC Studio program.
The Outreach Program Officer will serve as a key part of our program and will be responsible for supporting the NYC Studio’s staff, faculty, and students on a daily basis and throughout the academic year. The ideal candidate will possess excellent time management and organizational skills; the ability to work independently and multi-task while maintaining meticulous attention to detail; strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel); and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Because the Outreach Program Officer will act as the main point person for the program, we are looking for someone who is interested in a future in higher education administration, with an enthusiasm for learning and an eagerness to serve faculty and students.
- Administrative support to faculty, staff, and students as needed, including photocopying, scanning, and filing
- Manage assigned financial responsibilities for the program
- Organize and maintain documents, records, and program correspondence
- Secretarial duties including greeting visitors, answering phone calls, fielding questions, email correspondence, and meeting participation
- Assist with planning and coordinating multiple events
- Oversee facility management and maintenance
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in NYC and Kent
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 3 months – 1 year relevant administrative and office experience, preferably in higher education
- Knowledge and fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication
About Kent State University’s NYC Studio
As an extension of the Fashion School, the NYC Studio is located in the heart of the Garment District. We opened our doors to junior standing students in 2006 in response to the rapidly growing field of fashion and its demand for a well-versed work force. The diversity among NYC Studio Program students is not only limited to where they come from, but also the field of study they are pursuing and their aspiration in fashion.
The NYC Studio Program is a semester-long program catering mainly to fashion design, fashion merchandising and fashion journalism students. While studying in NYC, our students develop a critical understanding of local and global fashion industries. Students receive rigorous training from NYC based faculty whose extensive professional experience creates a unique learning environment where practical knowledge complements theoretical education. Students also have the opportunity to participate in prestigious internships, exclusive guest lectures, industry receptions, and recruiting events in addition to networking with local alumni.
Temp-to-perm: 28-30 hrs/week at $20/hr for four months, with the possibility of transitioning to a permanent position with benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Young Kim Thanos, NYC Studio Director, at email@example.com by Wednesday, July 18, 2018.