Details: Commensurate with experience.
21 Maryland Avenue
Friends of the Library, Montgomery County (FOLMC) is seeking an office coordinator to oversee and ensure support for its administrative, development, and program activities. This position is full-time, exempt and reports to the Deputy Director.
· Provide and coordinate daily office support including answering phones, directing messages and inquiries to appropriate staff, responding to general inquiries via phone, email, and in person; processing documents and mail; maintaining paper and electronic calendars and filing systems; and assisting with meeting preparation.
· Assist with financial tasks including correct routing of paperwork and filing for accounts payable and receivable and assisting with monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting, in cooperation with Accountant.
· Provide general confidential human resources support including maintaining personnel and payroll files, coordinating new hire paperwork, and administering benefits.
· Oversee paid and volunteer staff as needed to complete tasks related to position responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Two years experience managing an office or providing operational assistance, with experience in a nonprofit membership organization preferred
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
· Organized and detail-oriented, able to work independently on projects to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions and distractions.
· Familiarity with bookkeeping/accounting and financial reporting.
· Professional demeanor and the highest level of discretion in the management of confidential information.
· Ability to interact with the public in a confident and friendly manner and successfully collaborate with others.
· Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel.
· Experience with databases and website development a plus.
This position is full-time, a minimum of 40 hours per week. The usual hours will be 9:00-5:00 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends. The job location will be the FOLMC administrative office and event sites. Transportation to event sites is reimbursable but not provided and sites may not be easily accessible by public transportation. This position will not have the ability to work remotely.
Paid parking. Paid holidays (10), annual leave up to fifteen (15) days, employer paid health, life & accidental death/dismemberment coverage, employee contribution retirement plan. [Updated: 9/4]
Minimum Education Required