As a key member of The Bowery Mission’s leadership, the Director, Brand Marketing & Communications manages the brand and public profile of The Bowery Mission so that the Mission maximizes its reach to diverse audiences in order to transform lives.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of The Bowery Mission’s brand strategy, content development, awareness, public relations and communications.
- Oversee the work of the Brand Marketing & Communications team.
- Oversee the editorial direction, design, production and distribution of The Bowery Mission’s branded materials to our broad base of supporters.
- Review and approve all creative content
- Maintain and grow The Bowery Mission’s broad base of support through awareness campaigns.
- Respond to and proactively pitch stories to the media
- Develop and implement a protocol to respond to, manage and track public inquiries
- Develop short and long-term plan, budgets and outcome metrics
- Coordinate and work closely with the Chief Development Officer, other members of the development team and/or the Executive Leadership team.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ who embraces the organization’s Statement of Faith
- High integrity that builds trust with a diversity of internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in Marketing or Communications. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to ten years of proven success in managing, developing and delivering brand strategy, content marketing, public relations and/or communications programs and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a team toward common goals and strategic objectives.
- Proven ability to be proactive, resourceful, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet business objectives, fostering strong working relationships.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and/or a marketing agency serving nonprofit organizations is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superb written and verbal communications skills with the ability to articulate and present complex analytics, strategy, and recommendations clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to accurately identify issues and implement solutions.
- Experience either serving as a spokesperson or training spokesperson(s).