Details: Salary range is $40,000 to $50,000, DOE.
904 West 2nd Street
ACLU of Arkansas
Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the Director
The American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas (ACLU-AR) seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented person to fill the position of Office Manager/Executive Assistant to the Executive Director. This position requires a strong background in the use of bookkeeping, spreadsheets, database and related office management and accounting software. The OM/EA will report to the Executive Director and to the Administration and Finance Manager. The ACLU of Arkansas is a small, friendly but busy and professional office with under ten people on staff.
Bookkeeping and Financial Reporting
- Enter and manage Accounts Payable and Receivable using Quickbooks.
- Develop and manage detailed financial reports and budget analyses using Quickbooks.
- Create, edit and update financial spreadsheets using Excel.
- Receive, acknowledge and manage donations using a proprietary database system developed by the ACLU.
Perform the following duties, some of which will be shared:
- Maintain comprehensive and efficient operations and systems.
- Perform routine filing and maintain the integrity of paper and electronic filing systems.
- Prepare for meetings, including creating materials, ordering/setting up meals or coffee.
- Help maintain office calendar for meetings, events, financial and other deadlines;
- Help ensure deadlines are met.
- Answer phones, relay calls and take messages.
- Maintain confidential human resources files and documentation.
- Greet visitors and maintain professional reception area.
- Receive, sort and forward incoming mail
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of all mail services.
- Ability to perform mail merge and other high-level Microsoft Word and Outlook tasks.
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Coordinate the repairs and maintenance of the office and office equipment.
- Type correspondence and reports.
- Help with ordering, organizing, and reproducing office and event materials.
- Perform other related duties as required and be part of the team.
--Provide administrative assistance as needed to the development team, including correspondence, data entry, and assistance with donor events.
--Coordinate with outside service providers, including: Vendors, IT, Bookkeeper, Auditor, the National offices of the ACLU, and other contractors and vendors.
--Contribute to a positive and welcoming, diverse workplace atmosphere.
--Provide administrative support for the Executive Director, including tracking and responding to correspondence and calls, drafting other written materials, making travel arrangements, and managing her schedule.
--Organize and maintain Executive Director’s files.
--Assist the Executive Director as needed, whether in operations, strategy, HR, or other areas.
Technical knowledge of accounting and spreadsheet applications is essential, as is acute attention to detail and work ethic! Must be willing to take on challenges and learn new skills. The finalist will bring work experience that demonstrates strong computer skills, bookkeeping acumen, professionalism, precision, discretion, sound judgment and an ability to meet critical deadlines in a dynamic multi-tasking environment. Candidates must bring a commitment to and understanding of diversity.
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Natural excellence with numbers and bookkeeping.
- High level of general computer literacy, specifically: QuickBooks; Microsoft Word and Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Windows 10.
- Generally adept at office technology and able to learn new software and applications easily.
- Ability to create professional-looking documents.
- Clear, concise, precise writing.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage several projects at various stages of completion.
- Ability to maintain professional, collaborative relationships and to communicate and work effectively with the public, volunteers, staff, members, clients, vendors, and Board members.
- Willingness to jump in and help where needed in busy but friendly office.
- Work experience that demonstrates a professional and flexible work style and shows creativity and initiative.
- A commitment to social justice and the mission of the ACLU.
- Must have own car.
- Ability to work on rare occasions beyond normal business hours, including quarterly Saturday meetings (4/year), with prior notice and overtime.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $40,000 to $50,000, DOE. Excellent benefits, including: wholly employer-paid health, vision and dental plan for the entire family; life and disability insurance; employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan; paid sick and holiday leave and 12 days’ vacation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a letter of application and resume to jobs@acluarkansas; please include “Office Manager/Executive Assistant” and your last name in the subject line of the email. In your letter, please indicate where you learned of the posting.
Applicants will be reviewed beginning the week of October 29, 2018 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
The ACLU-AR is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU-AR encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.