14 Wall Street
About The Posse Foundation:
The Posse Foundation is a nationally recognized youth leadership development and college access program that identifies, recruits, and trains diverse teams—Posses—of public high school students and sends them to top colleges and universities. To date, more than 7,000 Posse Scholars have been accepted into top-tier institutions of higher education throughout the country. These young people have received more than $1 billion in full-tuition leadership scholarships from Posse’s college and university partners and have been agents of positive change on their campuses.
The Posse Foundation launched its veterans initiative in 2012 in an effort to increase the rates at which veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces attend and graduate from selective colleges and universities. The Posse Veterans Program began in partnership with Vassar College and now also counts the University of Chicago, the University of Virginia and Wesleyan University as partners. Each Posse veteran will attend college as part of a multicultural team—a Posse—of 10 veterans and will receive support prior to matriculating on campus and mentoring once enrolled.
Reporting to the Posse Veterans Program director, the primary responsibilities of the program director are to oversee and manage the Posse Veterans program for up to six (6) university partners; manage a staff of up to four (4) trainers and one program coordinator; and coordinate all program operations for the site, including by not limited to:
- Maintaining and growing a national nominating network of community colleges, veteran service organizations, and military bases
- Ensuring that prospective candidates remain engaged in Posse selection process throughout the year
- Planning and facilitating small and large group workshops for Posse Veterans Scholars
- Monitoring student academic performance, retention and graduation rates, and providing regular reports about student outcomes.
- Managing project-based recruiters located across the country
- Working closely with the director to ensure that the program is achieving its goals and operating as effectively as possible
- Supporting the director in maintaining university relations through campus visits and regular communication with designated university administrators and faculty.
- Working closely with the Career Program Manager to ensure alignment in Scholar training and support
- Ensuring staff development and effectiveness through coaching, modeling, and constructive feedback
- Developing the program calendar and manage the Dynamic Assessment Process (Posse's recruitment program), Pre-Collegiate Training, and Campus Programs
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- U.S. veterans strongly encouraged to apply
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with non-traditional college students
- Experience working with veterans a plus
- Excellent demonstrated skills in writing, communication, presentation, and time management.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Demonstrated belief in Posse’s mission and values
- Willing and able to travel extensively throughout year (current driver’s license required)
- Strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel, database management, internet research, email, etc.).
Posse is proud to offer competitive benefits to our employees. Some of our benefits include:
- Employer paid medical, dental, and life insurance plan for employee
- Paid parental leave
- 403B plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off policy
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates are required to submit a resume and cover letter when applying. Deadline for submission of application is August 15th.