The Communications and Public Relations Manager will be responsible for supporting and executing a strategy to help further awareness and impact of the Equal Justice Initiative’s work in social justice and criminal justice reform. This role will report to the Deputy Director of Strategic Initiatives and will work closely with senior leadership.
The role will be based in Montgomery, Alabama at EJI’s headquarters.
- Create and distribute press releases, announcements and collateral with messaging that is compelling, tactful, and effective
- Cultivate, maintain, and expand relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and other influential media figures
- Manage incoming press inquiries and requests
- Maintain robust database of media contacts and partners
- Manage ongoing tracking and metrics system for PR
- Create organization system and manage media assets including photography, video, etc.
- Support in strategic marketing media partnerships
- Protect and promote EJI’s brand and narrative
- 7+ years of experience in PR and communications at a fast paced and growing organization
- Excellent presentation, communication, writing, and editing skills
- Strong experience with both traditional and emerging media
- Strong understanding of press tracking and media value concepts
- Must be a self-starter who is organized, detail oriented, and confident
- You should be flexible, mature, self-aware, and a team player
- You should have strong interpersonal skills to help you navigate all types of working relationships
Minimum Education Required