1852 West 22nd Place
Job Title: Individual and Corporate Giving Manager
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, a Jesuit, college-preparatory, co-educational school for grades 9-12 seeks a full-time Individual and Corporate Giving Manager. Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Manager is responsible for developing strategic individual and corporate giving plans for CRJHS that supports the organizational vision of the school.
The Manager has primary responsibilities of stewarding relationships with mid-level donors and volunteer committees in order to meet the fundraising goals of the institution. The Manager will have direct oversight and direction of the Leadership Advisory Council (LAC) of Cristo Rey, the young professionals’ board of the school. The Manager cultivates corporate support relationships and coordinates annual fundraising events of Cristo Rey like VIVA, Homecoming Weekend, and Las Mujeres.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage relationships with annual giving portfolio including LAC members, monthly givers, and select donor prospects. Support Advancement with the cultivation of these donors through personal visits, written communications, and specialized events.
· Envision and execute annual appeals via direct mail and e-solicitations throughout the year. Mange year-end appeal and other campaign appeals in order to meet budgeted goals for the Annual Fund.
· Manage and lead the LAC membership, and staff executive committee members of the LAC in their work to grow membership, engage donors and volunteers, and fundraise for Cristo Rey via events and special appeals.
o Plan annual calendar of meetings and events, and cultivate relationships with LAC members.
o Empower LAC volunteers to engage personally at CR through time, talent and treasure. Track LAC giving and hold members accountable for annual gifts and active participation in events and meetings.
o Manage database of LAC members in Raisers Edge and generate all communications with the LAC via mail, email, social media, etc.
o Onboard new members with events and streamlined, branded information.
· Mange fundraising events like VIVA, Homecoming Weekend, and Las Mujeres in order to grow individual and corporate support for CRJHS.
o Drive corporate sponsorship support of events. Develop budgets and set goals annually.
o Mange event committees and steward their personal support and networks of relationships.
o Manage database of corporate sponsorship contacts in coordination with the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations. Cultivate relationships with sponsor contacts.
o Serve as point of contact with vendors and/or event consultants as necessary.
o Develop financial plan for event gross revenue in order to meet budgeted income per the Board of Directors and CFO.
o Ensure all donor acknowledgements are complete and thoughtfully structured.
· Represent Cristo Rey at Cristo Rey Network, Jesuit School Network, and community and professional events.
· The successful candidate will minimally have 3-5 years of professional fundraising experience and knowledge.
· Proven background of successful relationship management, both in individual and institutional relationships.
· Strong communications skills.
· Dedicated interest in a career in fundraising and relationship building.
· Deep appreciation and understanding of the mission of Cristo Rey.
· Highly responsible and organized, the candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment of meeting deadlines, managing and prioritizing multiple tasks effectively with others.
· Works as a team member and builds relationships across CRJHS.
· Experience in database management (Raisers Edge preferred.)
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
· Experience in managing budgets.
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Morgan Henington, Vice President for Advancement to: www.cristorey.net/careers
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Founded by the Jesuits in 1996, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides a Catholic, college preparatory education and professional work experience to students from Spanish-speaking families across the southwest side of Chicago who, because of limited financial means, would otherwise be unable to afford it. To make the school both affordable and sustainable, Cristo Rey pioneered the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) model for inner-city education that has inspired a national network of 32 schools serving low-income communities across the country. The CWSP enables all students to earn a majority of their annual tuition by working one school day a week in an entry-level position for a corporation in the Chicago area.
Jesuit Schools Network and Cristo Rey Network
Cristo Rey is sponsored by the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits), the largest religious order in the Roman Catholic Church, and is well-known in the United States with over 50 high school and 28 colleges and universities. Cristo Rey is a member of the Jesuit Schools Network, the national association of Jesuit schools in the United States and Canada. Additionally, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is a member of the Cristo Rey Network, the national association of schools operating on the Cristo Rey model. Currently, there are 32 high schools serving 10,000 students throughout the country that are associated through the Cristo Rey Network and operate using the educational model named for the first school in Chicago.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required