Details: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package
746 North LaSalle Drive
Greenheart Exchange Outreach Associate
- Branch: Greenheart Exchange
- Type: Full time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, some evenings and weekends as needed
- Location: Chicago, IL
Greenheart International, located in Chicago, Illinois, is a nonprofit committed to connecting people and planet to create a more peaceful and sustainable global community. We achieve this through a unique and diverse collection of programs fostering cultural exchange, eco-fair trade, volunteerism, personal development, and environmentalism.
Greenheart International was recently named the Best Education Abroad Provider at the 2018 Global Youth Travel Awards!
Our Greenheart Exchange Professional Exchange Programs, within Greenheart International, are exchange programs for young professionals. These programs include the Summer Work Travel program, Intern and Trainee programs, as well as the Teach USA program. The purpose of each of these programs is to promote public diplomacy and good faith between the United States and other countries through the opportunity to work in American businesses and schools.
About our ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate is positive, proactive, responsible and possesses a keen attention to detail. S/he should have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. This person should be comfortable with asking questions, and is looking to build on their experience with various projects and initiatives within the field of Outreach.
The selected candidate will need to demonstrate flexibility as assignments and objectives shift depending on the needs at that time. The right applicant is highly organized and comfortable with administrative work, in addition to creative problem solving and communication. This position will have periods peaks and valleys in the volume of work, and the candidate must be able to adapt to these changes.
Take enthusiastic initiative to maintain and grow Greenheart Exchange’s Professional Exchange Programs department as a leader in the industry, by assisting in all outreach initiatives for the department. The Outreach Associate will work primarily on Outreach related items but will work closely with the Marketing division and interns within the department. Primary focus of this role will be in assisting in the following:
- Participant visitations – This includes trip preparation, invitations, tracking participation, assisting with all trip coordination, as needed.
- Social Media – This includes assisting with monthly schedules, posting on social media platforms, educating staff on social media platforms, and tracking progress.
- External Communication – Assisting with all blog content creation, as well as e-communication through an email marketing platform to ensure that all stakeholders receive relevant information.
- Stakeholder support – Assisting the department with participant communication related to culture shock, cultural activities and volunteer opportunities
- Greenheart Club – Assisting with Greenheart’s volunteer programming. This includes encouraging participants to volunteer, tracking their progress and providing general support.
- Testimonial tracking – This includes saving photos and tracking positive stories to be used in external facing materials.
- Alumni initiatives – Assisting with the department’s growing international alumni network programming.
- Active initiative to grow Outreach programming and collaboration across all Professional Exchange Programs
- General Outreach Initiatives – Assisting with any other Outreach efforts, as needed.
- Staff motivation and engagement – assist in maintaining current staff outreach initiatives amongst staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Experience with Social Media Management
- Self-directed and flexible with an exceptional ability to multi-task
- Efficiency with data entry, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in an exhilarating and fast-paced environment
- An ability to interact , communicate, and adjust to groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds
- Genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
- Outgoing personality with a willingness to learn
- Able to work collaboratively on a team
- Strong work ethic and excellent written, oral, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Experience with Canva, Hootsuite, Constant Contact and other similar applications is a plus, though not necessary
- Preferred: Experience studying, volunteering, or working abroad
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Sound likes the perfect fit? Tell us WHY by following this LINK to apply online. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.
Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.