POSITION: NPNA Communications Associate / Grant Writer
BASED IN: Chicago (preferred)
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HIRE DATE: As soon as possible
NATIONAL PARTNERSHIP FOR NEW AMERICANS
The National Partnership for New Americans (NPNA) was formed in 2010 by a collection of twelve immigrant advocacy organizations to advocate for policies that allow new Americans to contribute fully and live lives of dignity in the U.S. NPNA has grown to a network of 39 immigrant organizations operating in 32 states, and sponsors the National Immigrant Integration Conference, the largest gathering in the nation on immigrant issues.
NPNA is a mission driven organization that works to achieve our vision in three ways: building our immigrant member coalitions’ capacity, creating and supporting immigrant integration services and programs, and promoting immigrant integration policy on the federal, state and local levels.
NPNA is looking for an excellent and highly productive communicator with a personal knowledge of the immigrant / refugee experience, who is able to thrive in the highly charged and fast paced immigrant rights environment. We want to hire a great writer and a lover of social media, with an organized personality and strong attention to detail. The Communications Associate / Grant Writer is responsible for supporting the Chief of Staff and Executive Director on grant writing and management, social media (including the NPNA website), and writing external-facing reports and media communications. Competitive individuals will have a demonstrated background serving or being a part of the immigrant community, a proven track record of being flexible while maintaining deadlines, and a strong portfolio of written work. The Communications Associate / Grant Writer will report to the NPNA Chief of Staff.
Grant Writing and Management
- Track grant deadlines, reports and submissions using organizational software
- Write and edit organizational grants, including proposals and interim reports in coordination with the Chief of Staff
- Coordinate regular communication with funders as needed
- Identify, research, and pursue new funding streams with leadership
- Drafting promotional materials for funders
- Donor relations and thank you notes to donors
- Research donor status; use software to track and assess prospects
- Support logistics and management of events like funder briefings
- Create scheduled social media content for campaigns or events
- Coordinate social media communications for optimal audience engagement
- Monitor social media use and online community responses
- Collaborate with staff to keep website up to date, appealing and informative
- Support communications lead with social media activity at events
Policy and Communications Support
- Write press releases, policy memos, and external facing documents
- Support the policy team with needed research
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years professional experience. Experience with fundraising, communications, policy, social media, and/or donor relations is a strong asset.
- Excellent writing skills, both fast and well written (writing samples will be requested)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (and/or google cloud software equivalent)
- Ability to converse and write knowledgeably about immigrant/refugee issues
- Ability to work independently, and demonstrated skill in time management
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to balance multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work on deadline and maintain accountability with others on projects
- Commitment to social justice and immigrant rights movement
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Starting salary: $50,000 but adjustable based on experience.
- Fully benefits package includes health insurance, dental and optional traditional IRA.
Minimum Education Required