WHO WE ARE:
We believe there’s no problem in New York that two well-matched leaders can’t solve.
Launched in the aftermath of the financial crisis of 2008, Greater NY carefully pairs leaders from the nonprofit sector with leaders from the private sector to work with each other, one-on-one, an hour a month for two years, to solve the nonprofit’s most stubborn issue. Throughout our partnerships, partners work towards identified goals, come together regularly for cross-sector discussions and become champions of collaborative problem solving and civic engagement.
Greater NY is a former Bloomberg Mayor’s Office multi-sector partnership program that has been an independent nonprofit since 2015. With over 70 partnerships and an additional pilot program underway, we are seeking an External Relations Manager to support the organization’s rapid expansion.
As a member of the Greater NY team, you’ll have exposure to a diverse group of New York City nonprofits, a range of issues that are key to public and nonprofit managers, and gain experience in leveraging data to demonstrate impact. The External Relations Manager will help advance the trajectory of our organization by expanding our communications capabilities and managing our brand; coordinating all events and serving as the primary point of contact; and providing administrative support to the organization’s executive team.
WHO YOU ARE:
This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate or someone early in their career to gain an introduction to the nonprofit world while also learning the importance of civic engagement.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment who likes being part of a small but dynamic and highly collaborative team. You have a capacity to get things done quickly but can be flexible and enthusiastic. Strong analytical and efficient writing skills will help chart the way forward on communications; excellent organization skills and attention to detail will ensure top notch events; and follow-through will ensure all our partnerships run smoothly from start to finish. Specific responsibilities include:
- Implementation of a standardized communications format
- Management of an overall communications strategy including updating and expanding the existing Greater NY Communications Plan
- Brand management - assuring adherence to the Greater NY Style Guide and overall cohesion in all outward facing materials
- Website management and an opportunity to lead the development of new content
- Preparing and overseeing event planning timelines
- Coordinating all event logistics including location, catering, staff and volunteers
- Maintaining registration process, invitation lists, RSVPs, reminder emails, security list and name badges
- Managing day of event logistics including: event set-up, event materials, check-in processes, production elements, catering, run of show, note taking, event break-down and overall troubleshooting
- Preparing post-event reports, materials and conducting any necessary follow-up.
Executive Team Support:
- Outreach to nonprofits nominated for Greater NY
- Coordination of phone calls and in-person meetings
- Management of agreements and on-boarding materials for partnerships
- Reviewing and logging of Goals unique for each partnership
- Scheduling meetings and check-ins between the Executive Director, partners, recruits, etc.
- Managing Executive Director’s calendar
- Note taking at meetings
- Nonprofit and corporate partner prospect research
- Salesforce – running reports, entering new information and occasional maintenance of records.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, previous office experience a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign and Salesforce a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Competitive benefits package offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a brief cover letter in the body of the email explaining why you are interested in the job and think you are a good candidate along with your resume to email@example.com.