544 Capp Street
Development Assistant for Community Music Center
Community Music Center (CMC), one of the oldest arts organizations on the West Coast, provides music for everyone, regardless of financial means. Since 1921 we have offered high-quality music lessons, low-cost performances, and creative enrichment for all ages and abilities. CMC is offering an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Development Assistant. We seek service- and detail-oriented person with a passion for community arts education to join our team of dedicated and professional staff and faculty.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this position requires a detailed and results-oriented individual with strong communication skills, the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and timelines, and a proven track record of non-profit fundraising.
- Maintain and update CMC’s donor database on the Salesforce CRM platform, including entering all donations and new donor information, and generating acknowledgments in a timely fashion. Generate donation reports as requested.
- Provide support for CMC Development mailings, including two annual direct mail appeals and event invitations. Prepare mailing lists for merging and printing.
- Provide support for CMC “friend-raising” and fundraising events.
- Support the CMC Development Committee at monthly meetings by printing supporting materials, attending meetings, and taking minutes.
- Support bi-monthly meetings of CMC’s Board of Directors. Prepare and post to CMC Board resource website all materials for the meetings.
- Reconcile development reports with finance on a daily and monthly basis.
- Fulfill any special projects as needed and assigned by the Development Manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to work and interact effectively with volunteers, CMC staff and faculty and students and the public. This is a donor-facing position and involving timely, courteous, and professional communications with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Drive.
- Experience with a donor database/CRM platform such as Salesforce (preferred), Blackbaud, or Exceed.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with SmartSheet or similar project management software
This is part time non-exempt position, working 24 hours per week with some evening and weekend hours as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with job requirements and experience. CMC offers healthcare, dental, vision and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more.
To Apply: Email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Assistant” in the subject of your email. No phone calls, please. CMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled.
About Community Music Center
Community Music Center (CMC) is the Bay Area’s oldest community arts organization and San Francisco’s largest provider of free and low-cost music classes and concerts. Founded in 1921, CMC’s mission is dedicated to enhancing the community’s quality of life by making high quality music accessible to people of all ages and musical levels, regardless of their financial status. During the 2017- 2018 school year, CMC served over 2,600 students of all ages and levels and financial backgrounds and offered nearly $2M in tuition assistance.
Minimum Education Required